Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Community Clinic
Created On 7/15/13 3:36 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 3:36 PM

I just completed an intake interview at the local community clinic.

I disclosed so much personal info. The whole thing was very very uncomfortable.
What bothers me is that my info is no longer private. I don't know what I was thinking!!!

Now it's all in paper in a public space.

When I came in I was not sure where to go I asked a secretary at a totally different department -she was able to pull up my info and tell me to go to the mental health dept!!!

I couldn't believe that it wasn't private!!

Can I call them up and ask to shred all my info and pretend I never came?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 3:56 PM
User is offline View users profile

Yeah, that must feel bad, like you are stripped of your rights and personal things. I guess knowing that there are confidentiality rules wouldnt help, would they?
Do you really want to call them and ask them to shred it? Then you wouldnt be able to use it as a clinic... but that definatley sounds tough!!! It reminds me of those dreams where your not wearing anything or not wearing the school uniform to school.... actualy, nightmares, Wich fits in well cuz sounds like you are living in a nightmare...

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 7:48 PM

Momo, if it makes you feel any better, the secretary can see in the computer that you're under mental health, but has no access to your personal info. I think it's even against the law. I doubt your info is circulating. Usually only your therapist and psychiatrist have access to it.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/15/13 8:54 PM

I hear you both. I'm very unsure what to do now.
If you were in Shidduchim would you go to a clinic where there is a huge change that you will be seen by other people in the waiting room and if someone really wants to get my records they will be able to get it.

What would you do?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/16/13 6:34 AM

Momo, I feel for you! It's soo hard to do this.....
This crazy society that we live in......where a person can't get the help he needs because people are so arrogant.....
But how is it going to change if we don't take steps to change it?
Please take care of your health . We're all rooting for you here.
Society won't help you when you're down. But we will.

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

7/16/13 11:07 AM

I'm sorry for the embarrassment, Momo.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited: 7/16/13 at 6:14 PM by Mimi1022

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/16/13 4:12 PM

Now thats tough!! its one thing for you to ask what you SHOULD do, but to ask what we WOULD do? Thats just wrong!!! lol!!!
Im not sure what I would do, but here are some points to consider
- Dont you think people looking into you for shiduchim will find out anyway? Are you planning on never disclosing your past to your kallah?
- If you dont get the therapy you need, would you be able to get married sucsessfuly? People do things in the name of shiduchim but they forget that once they have a shiduch and it works out they need to actualy build a sucsessful marrige...
-How would some joe shmoe be able to get your records just becuase you are in a waiting room?
Just some things to ponder...

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

7/16/13 5:19 PM

I agree with channa. People will find out either way so why be in agony and not get the help you need?

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/17/13 7:47 PM

I feel the need to respond to this thread....MoMo, I don't think you should worry as long as the clinic is discrete. If they said "mental health" in a big loud voice, DUMP EM. Otherwise, to them, it's just another department. As long as you aren't talking on your make pretned cell phone to aliens who have come to take over the planet, don't worry. They just figure, you're another one who go the common cold of mental health -- depression. If anyone else sees you there in the mental health department, unless they are total fruitcakes there is no way they're telling anyone else because that would mean they were there TOO. I know the feeling of sticking out is uncomfortable and having your records possibly (but very very unlikely available to others is not acceptable). I get that. But I think if the help they provide is good, go with it. If it is substandard keep searching. They have too much to lose when it comes to confidentiality, so don't worry too much. I'm davening for you.

As for Shidduchim finding out....It may not be all bad. You don''t have anything to hide really. And the fact that you are dealing with the demons is better than not in my opinion. A girl who is really sensitive may find it appealing that tthere is a guy out there with FEELINGS......So many guys don't own up to that.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

7/17/13 7:51 PM

Momo- to return to the clinic depends what you desire more: no more embarrassment but higher copays in a private office, or lower copays at the clinic and potentially embarrassing.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 6:13 AM

Very true, Mimi.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 7:45 AM

I hear all of you!
I suppose I'll try it... and see if I can hack it (waiting in the waiting room where other people can see me...)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 11:53 AM

k. let us know how it goes

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/18/13 1:43 PM

Good luck!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/19/13 12:04 AM

the clinic call me back today but I didn't answer the call. I wasn't up to it at that point in time. I have to get back to them if I want to try one of Their therapist..
I hope I have the Courage for that tomorrow

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

7/19/13 12:39 AM

Good luck with that!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/19/13 10:47 AM

hope you feel better. let us know what happens.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.