Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feeling Evil
Created On 8/2/13 5:27 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MoMo
Senior Supporter

8/2/13 5:27 PM

Do you ever feel evil?
I do.

I feel evil right now! I had a very hectic few weeks at college and felt I needed a break -a lazy day. So today I did nothing. I hung out in bed sleeping and surfing the web...

Now I feel evil. I can't face myself. I feel like a bad evil person.

I'm not sure what the feeling is. Guilt? Self disgust? Self hatred? Sadness? Self contempt?

It's more than self disgust. Not only am I totally worthless I have negative worth -I am evil and don't deserve to breath.

These feelings aren't new. I distinctly remember having these feelings as a child. They would haunt me for weeks at a time. I would cry myself to sleep. I felt only darkness. I cried and cried and cried and cried all alone -no one heard and no one saw. I drowned in the loneliness and darkness. Those were cold cold cold days. I cried over my perceived aveiros. I cried because I felt like a terrible terrible terrible person. I felt guilty. I was imprisoned in a dark frigid cellar of my mind -no nourishment no warmth no cloths no light -just dark dark dark isolation!!!!!!!

I was what? 8, 9, 10 years old?

Oy words can't describe that g'henim!!!!!!
I guess some of those old feelings cropped back up today.
Like you guys always say I probably need to go through those feelings instead of trying to bury them.

I just wish that as a child sometime would've been there to hug me to provide just a little warmth...

What a loss of an innocent childhood!!!!
It was senseless pain.

Oy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

8/2/13 6:00 PM

((((HUGS)))
OY, Momo, it's awful to feel like this......
Since you were raised with contempt, that's unfortunately what you are feeling now.
But that's a voice from your past.
Now you are an adult, on your own, and making a good life for yourself.
It's o.k. to have a lazy day.
You do so much good just on this site alone.
Feel well!

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

8/2/13 6:03 PM

So sorry you are feeling that way. The feelings must be given respect even when you know you aren't evil to rest after working hard this week. Taking it easy occasionally is normal, and healthy.

When I see the child I was, in my mind's eye - hurting..... those feelings of unworthiness and evil as you put it.....

I have been told to close my eyes and imagine the adult me hugging and comforting that child - what would you say to a child you saw hurting that way. Maybe even rock yourself to self soothe.

So sorry this is coming up - be kind to yourself (look who is talking)

Be Well - Good Shabbos

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

8/2/13 7:01 PM

Just wanted to second what everyone else said. This is a voice from the past. It has nothing to do with what you did or didn't do today. Recognize it for what it is, and don't believe it.

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

8/3/13 3:11 PM

Kol hakavod for facing the feeling. Its painful but it must be done. Like tbear said, try to imagine the adult self hugging the child and giving it now what it needs and didnt get back then. You were just a child, so so innocent and vulnerable. I know its so hard i am doing some of this same work now and its hell but its the only way to heal the wounds. Momo, keep telling youself how special you are and not evil. Keep reminding yourself. It will sink in one day, because we all have the power to chamge ouselves and to give ourselves what we didnt get as kids.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.