Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Rosh Hashana is coming and I'm really depressed
Created On 9/3/13 1:50 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

9/3/13 1:50 PM
User is offline View users profile

I find myself looking back at myself through the years every Rosh Hashana. I must admit this year I am more gloomy than ever. I've almost always had a problem with depression (whether self-inflicted or not) and now I look back and more than half my life has past. I've gotten help for more than half my life almost. Yet I'm still depressed. I am scared of dying alone and scared the way at least one of my parents died. I'm scared of dying and paying for all the bad I have done on this earth. I'm so sad. I look at my life and see nothing has come of it. The only degree I ever earned I think I almost deserve is my M.O.M. But even there I'm a dismal failure. I have one child who still sleeps in my bed at night at age 11 and all she wants is family suppers -- something I just can't get together. She even asked last year to "earn" family supper. I tried so hard but could only do so much. I feel like a failure. I just want to curl up and die so I don't cause more damage.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

9/3/13 2:07 PM

Oy!

I wonder what your children would say to that. They want and need you so much.
You must be doing something right of your kids want family dinners. The last thing I want is a family dinner with my mom!!!

Bottom

Mimi1022
Senior Supporter

9/3/13 2:36 PM

Hopefully this will be a successful year for you.

Wishing you all the best!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

9/3/13 4:36 PM

I agree with Momo. If your 11 year olds like being around you that is an accomplishment in itself.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

9/3/13 4:40 PM

I, too agree. When I want to be around my mother it's a very good sign.
I don't know if this is totally out of the ballpark, but is your daughter interested in cooking? If the togetherness is what she wants, maybe her putting together a supper will do the job? and make her feel good about herself to boot

Edited: 9/3/13 at 4:41 PM by I'mTrying

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.