Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I'm good/ great at...
Created On 11/12/13 3:58 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 3:58 AM
User is offline View users profile

Some of us (or maybe a lot of us) have a hard time finding the positive in ourselves and only see the negative (me included.) So, I'm starting a thread that may land up being short but who knows?????

I'm great at cooking. I don't like to do it, but I do it well. The best thing I ever made was maple/grapenuts ice cream from a ben and jerry's cookbook.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 7:09 AM

I want to try your food! I'm also good at cooking, as well as drawing and painting

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 7:36 AM

Wow this is a challenge munkster. I think I'm good at cooking and at computers especially the Internet. I'm also good at helping other people. Sometimes too much that I don't take care of myself....

Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 9:00 AM

Munkster, Your food sound Yummy!!!
I wish my mother made those stuff!!!

Toy and Last hope, that's great!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 1:39 PM

Thanks to all who replied ...MoMo...waiting to hear what you think you're good at. I could rattle off at least a few from knowing you on here, but that would make your job easy and you wouldn't "own" it. I'm hoping soon you'll write something because you are worth it. My strange flavored ice cream was/is incredible. Now I only wish it was healthy but with that much heavy cream, it's not happening soon . I guess I won't tell my doc .

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 4:42 PM

Hmm what am I good at that I can respect?
I try to work at getting better.
I try to take risks when that's what's called for.
I think I care about other people.
I'm open to relationships (although I'm nervous about dating).
I'm a decent student at college (if the workload isn't too large and I'm not too down)

Munkster, what were you thinking?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 11:13 PM

OK, I'll tell you one since I think you're trying. You are a baal chesed. You are forever thinking of others and helping others on here and in "real" life. Depression makes many people (like me) very self-centered, and you my friend are NOT. Even if you do small things (and I don't believe they are small) they have a ripple effect. It makes others want to help others.....And then you tell us in the accommplishments section and it inspires others to do the same. (See what I mean???) I hope you see that side of you. I'm a little sad you can't see it staring you in the face since it is one of my favorite things about you. I guess this goes under "I think I care about other people." You need to toot your own horn, MoMo. Come on, TOOT TOOT TOOT . I know you can.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 11:43 PM

You had me laughing :-)
Thanks

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/12/13 11:47 PM

Glad it made you laugh . Now, rewrite what you wrote and OWN your accomplishments .

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/15/13 1:59 PM

I'm good at kvetching and NOT suffering in silence....you gotta have someone who complains endlessly right????

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

11/15/13 3:27 PM

Good at intellectualizing, avoiding feelings or using too many words to describe them rather than feel them!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

11/17/13 9:53 AM

Im good at beating myself up, ignoring my postive traits and hiding what I really feel... Im gut at messing things up and being insenstive. Im good at being depressed and insuring that i stay that way. Im good at being selfish and a brat. Im good at making things all about me and wasting time. Im good at freaking out over nothing.
I have to admit, thats a lot of talent..... =(
great idea Munkster!!! s smart!!!

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

11/17/13 10:27 AM

Chana, I get you. It's taken me all these days to think of something I'm good at. But I did.
I'm good at baking challah.
Keep trying, for our sake.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

11/17/13 12:49 PM

that's awesome!
I LOVE home baked Challah!!!
I hope my future wife bakes a good Challah.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/17/13 5:18 PM

I luv homemade challah and I'm not too good at that...mine is always too crusty. My kids prefer bakery. But I'm good at ice cream . I guess I won't complain about that. I'm apparently pretty good at making turkey and stuffing too. Had it for shabbos and hardly any leftovers....only 4 of us so that says we are massive pigs or soemthing. LOL

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/17/13 5:19 PM

Channa....keep trying and you'll find SOMETHING you're good at. I know a few but won't give it away.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

11/18/13 6:20 AM

Im good at being sensitive and making people smile/laugh....
since i said something im good at, can you tell me what else im good at? What if Im talented in juggling on a unicycle on a tightrope in a tzunami? dont you think i should know what im good at? i dont want my talent for that to be unnoticed by me! its a crime not to tell me!! What if im good at preforming surgery? that means i should be saving up for a scalpel (And lots of insurance) ...

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/18/13 6:36 AM

I never met u in person so I don't know if you'd make a good surgeon...you need a steady hand....the spaz isn't a good thing in surgery . Anyhooooooo, since you wrote one I'll write one. You are a good listener. You reach out to people who are having a good time. You give advice and thoughts from the heart. You don't try to drive people crazy. You're empathetic. I'm glad you posted something sincere that you're good at . GOod for you .

Edited: 11/18/13 at 6:37 AM by mouse

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

11/18/13 9:21 AM

Thanks, channa. That was great!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

11/18/13 9:51 AM

~~~~~blush~~~~~

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

11/18/13 11:43 AM

Channa you have an awesome sense of humor and you are obviously a bright person.
You have a good heart and a lot of other qualities...

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

11/18/13 11:47 AM

And juggling on a tricycle on a tightrope in a tsunami is a VERY useful skill which you ought to be thankful for!!!!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

11/19/13 7:08 AM

definitely, MoMo.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

11/24/13 6:08 AM

thanks...

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/1/13 6:07 AM

We on frumsupport are good at empathy and being there for each other. Collective talent...

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.