Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Should I quit my job??
Created On 12/17/13 10:52 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

feelingawful
Supporter

12/17/13 10:52 PM

Hi everyone, I had a terrible day at work today. I work with 2 autistic kids and 2 special needs kids, and they were impossible today. One of the autistic kid bites u if u don't give him what he wants. And all the other kids don't listen. No matter how many times u tell them too. I feel like I'm wasting all my energy. Came home crying uncontrollably, i'm also going through a very hard time ontop of all that. So everything combine makes me melt down. I can't take this any more. I want to quit my job but then I won't have any money, and need money for bills and other things, pls help!!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

12/18/13 7:09 AM
User is offline View users profile

Do they use ABA (applied behavioral analysis)??? Have they provided you with information on how to protect yourself??? When someone bites always push your arm INTO the bite. The person stops biting then. Either way, if you haven't received training in dealing with kids with autism OR how to avoid or correct harmful situations, I'd jump ship. To me it doesn't sound like a supportive atmosphere and the kids are just being housed if they aren't taught to stop aggressive behaviors. ABA I believe is the only way to go about it too. Before you quit, find another job. That way you're not left unemployed. Do you have a degree??? If so, you should be able to find another job relatively quickly. If not, be very careful. Either way, don't quit until you have another job.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

12/18/13 9:43 AM

I agree. Try to find something else before you quit.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

12/18/13 12:21 PM

Maybe you can take off a day or two. That sometimes helps.

Bottom

feelingawful
Supporter

12/18/13 12:40 PM

Thx guys, I took off already a lot cause I been depressed and also had strep so can't really take off. Don't know what i'll do. I'll just keep fighting!!

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

12/19/13 9:47 PM

How did things go today at work?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/22/13 9:40 AM

Sounds like a good idea, Feeling awful!

Bottom

feelingawful
Supporter

12/25/13 5:02 AM

Keep Climbing, work been going well lately, and chana, probably gonna stay. Just gonna take it one day at a time.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

12/29/13 9:48 AM

ok, gluck!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.