Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Victories 5
Created On 12/19/13 2:38 AM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/5/14 1:15 AM

I had symptoms of anxiety tonight but pushed myself to help a younger relative with his guitar.
I got together with a friend.

And those symptoms receded for now b"h.

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/5/14 3:04 PM

Thats great!
I had my first session at a support group today that i initiated and helped organize. i was not the facilitator but it was in my home and a huge step in getting this started. It was a very small geoup but i hope it will grow.

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

1/5/14 3:09 PM

Btw, momo, i dont live in yerushalayim, i live in RBS

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/5/14 4:14 PM

Ok in RBS you're allowed to know that ;-)

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/6/14 1:30 AM
User is offline View users profile

I have decided to spread the joy. I'm up with no hope at the momentt of getting back to sleep. . The snow situation is pretty bad. I want to wake hubby again but can't do it and feel good since he has to go to work and not fair to HIM!!!! I have some chocolate with me (peanut butter cups) that my kids saved for me. My heart melts to think my kids are that nice. (I have a special place in my heart for pb and chocolate .)

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/6/14 1:43 AM

I also LOVE peanut butter!
Why don't you take Maletonin?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/6/14 3:42 PM

Melatonin doesn't usually work for me....and I took a ton of meds to help me sleep already. Not sure it's a good idea to lop on top of 3 or so meds melatonin to sleep too. Some things are lost causes.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/6/14 11:15 PM

I hear you.

Today I tried to accomplish some things.
I helped an organization by making phone calls for them (which was very hard).
I gave a friend a ride.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/7/14 3:44 AM

Wow....you called people for an org.???? THAT'S HARD....especially if you reached me LOL.....I like to torture strangers who call. I know not nice but being home all day does get boring....need some source of entertainment. OK but seroiusly, I'm impressed. And giving a friend a ride....take it from someone who knows....that ride could make a much bigger difference than you'll ever know. My husband has a limp. I can't drive him everywhere for different reasons and often people stop and give him a ride to the train station or shul. The ride makes it easier for me (I don't worry about him as much) and furthermore gives him energy to help me around the house. So from someone on the recieving en of a ride, it's no small thing.

Bottom

Belly
Supporter

1/7/14 4:41 AM

Guys you are all amazing!
I know the feeling of never feeling good enough, but i try to get rid of it.
The good thing I did today is that I decided no matter what my depression tells me, I get up and lead my life.
There are things I have to get done and I'm working on them.
I make phonecalls to get info I need.
Yesterday I stood up for my self!!!! (That's a big one for me!!!!!)
I got my kids out of the house without getting impatient.
big hug to everyone!
I love this post!!!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/8/14 1:14 AM

Good going Belly! Thanks Munkster!

Today I failed (was in bed almost all day) but I'm trying to deal with my self loathing constructively. I'm reading some articles about self loathing and how to deal with it.

I tried. I didn't give up totally.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/8/14 1:19 AM

I'll fail 100 times but eventually I'll get back up. We're Jewish its in our DNA we are stubborn!!!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/8/14 7:57 AM

I slept late -- really, really late...till 6:45 am today. I woke up the family late and I didn't bully myself about my oversleeping. (I AM the alarm clock in this house because I am so reliabl that I wake early. I tried to go out to coffee with a friend today, but it didn't work out since she has a sick kid home. I bought some clothes for myself yesterday and didn't berate myself for the clothing size I wear. I had a relatively healthy lunch (sushi) yesterday. I had a pleasant day with my son.

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 12:14 AM

Hey guys! Haven't been here for a while, and starting to feel withdrawal symptoms. So here's today's victory:

I brushed my teeth! That was kinda hard because I tend to push that off, but I know I need it

Enjoying life while fighting anxiety!

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 12:16 AM

Munkster, it can be really hard not to bully yourself, and you can be proud you took action! I know I sometimes feel that when I haven't performed perfectly, I might as well give up because I'm a global failure. So I can appreciate your victory. Good going!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 12:39 AM

Munkster for me 6:45 would be early!! --really, really earlly!!!

I avoided taking Klonopin (a medicaiton which helps me tremendously and makes me feel much better -but I'm not supposed to take it too often because it's addictive..)

I visited my brother and sister in law even though it was hard from a social-anxiety standpoint.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 5:49 PM

MoMo...I go to sleep really early because my sleep issues are quite severe. I usually get up at 3 or 4 am. So 6:45 is tragically late in some ways . But yeah, I know for most it's still on the early end.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 8:28 PM

I Devened Mincha/Marriv with Minyon.
I met up with a friend for dinner (He is not especially socially ept but he's still a decent person. He has some flaws but I don't view him as worthless. Perhaps not everyone believes that it's so shameful to be a little socially awkward. What's the freaken big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
I'm a human being no less than any one else!!!!!!!! I'm sick and tired of being told all the time that I'm less of a person because of my struggles!!!!!)

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/10/14 12:29 AM

I learned with my Chavrusa.
I took a risk socially (it flopped but at least I put myself out there).

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/11/14 11:00 PM

I connected to a relative (was open about my struggles).
I straightened my apartment.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/12/14 9:15 AM

Have you considered that perhaps you didn't flop, but the other person just wasn't cooperating, MoMo??? Just a thought. Straightening an apartment/house is really hard so way to go!! I should have you over to do my house next .

I woke up. I got some things repaired in the house.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/12/14 10:25 AM

Munkster, basically the other person wasn't interested. I guess I didn't necessarily flop...

I got up at a decent time.
I am driving lunch to people at the hospital.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 12:36 AM

A shadchan that I deal with wrote an article about how difficult it is to deal with boys looking for a shidduch. It bothered me since I felt it reflected how difficult I am to deal with.
I sent an email to the shaddchan asking if there is any way I can do things differently etc. I took responsibility for my actions and asked for more feedback.

I was honest with my father about some of my struggles.

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 12:38 AM

I finished a job I really despise! Yay for me!

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 12:48 AM

Momo thanks for sharing your victories! Sometimes people are afraid to share struggles with their parents so as not to worry them, and it deprives them of the opportunity to show support. (Although sometimes there's a good reason not to share your struggles...) I'm like that myself

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 6:33 AM

MoMo...once again you think of others instead of yourself by doing chesed. I hope that I'm not measured against you in Yom HaDin, because you do so much chesed, I'd look like a fool. Shtarkebachur, way to go doing a job you despise. (I can't help but think you must have just finished regrouting a bathtub .)

Yesterday, I got my daughter's eyes checked and got her new glasses. I didn't feel well midway through so after that task was done, I went home. But, more importantly, I got that done....I hate getting glasses for my daughter. She's very picky.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 5:06 PM

I got up at a normal time.
I really engaged in life -I followed up on potential leads career-wise.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 11:16 PM

I met with a former Rebbe.
I learned with my chavrusa.

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

1/14/14 10:52 AM

Great!
I did a tedious job I've been pushing off!

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/29/14 11:36 AM

Originally posted by: I'mTrying
Toy, that is incredible. Keep at the good fight!
I wish I had a victory to share but unfortunately I don't have any...

In the thread: "depression, contract" you, with others, gave tremendous support and encouragement to another member. Besides your own encouraging words, you went to the trouble of looking for what that member had posted awhile back (intending to help someone else), and you gave the link, so it could help her.

And you can tell from the feedback, that that person was so grateful for everyone's support.

So if you feel that you don't have a victory to share, I feel compelled to share the above tremendous victory and mitzvah that you and other posters did.

May you continue to go from strength to strength.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/29/14 11:44 AM

And I just noticed that in the thread: "depression, I don't know maybe I'm doing this for attention," you helped another person, with a lot of sensitivity, and you can see from the feedback how it helped that person a lot.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

1/29/14 11:50 AM

And here
http://www.frumsupport.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=105&threadid=3623&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=
you clarified a point, which made the other person feel much better about it.

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.