Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Good things about myself or that I did FOR myself
Created On 1/6/14 4:02 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/6/14 4:02 PM
User is offline View users profile

OK MoMo, here's that post I told you about in your ramblings.

One good thing about me is that I'm patient. I have had a sick kid home with me for over 2 wks and haven't grabbed for his throat yet. (Strep throat, ironically. )

One good thing I did for myself today is go to physical therapy even though I just wanted to lay in bed and vegitate.. It got me out the door first thing and jumpstarted the rest of the day.

Every day that I can I'll try to write at least one good thing about me that I think is true. If possible, I'll find something positive I did for myself every day too. For me that's going to be hard but I'll try. I hope others will join in. It's kinda the "GOOD TIMES RAMBLE" I guess .

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/6/14 4:18 PM

Well one thing I'm doing that I think is good is I'm trying really hard to get along with one of the counselors who is really upsetting me at times. Is this considered good?

Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/7/14 3:37 AM

That's considered great. Getting along with a toughie person is one way you can help yourself.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/8/14 7:58 AM

I ate a healthy lunch adnd bought clothes wihtout getting upset about my size.

Bottom

shtarkebachur
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 12:02 AM

Great, munkster!
I'll join in:
Today I had lotsa work to do, which I usually push off by going on Facebook, but I finished a big part of it, and made it more enjoyable by playing good music in the background.

Enjoying life while fighting anxiety!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 1:12 AM

Munkster, I'm having a hard time coming up with things for this thread and for the victories thread.. but keep on posting!!!
p.s. how are you doing lately?

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 4:01 PM

This is really a silly one but I went into work. Yes I left a little early but at least I distracted myself.

I asked someone to buy me something I needed from the pharmacy because at the stage I'm in now I don't dare step into one. It's not really a victory/good thing because I should be able to walk into a pharmacy without any problem. Same is with a hardware store. Will I ever get over it and get better and have these stupid urges go away??????? Sorry I went off topic......

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/9/14 5:57 PM

Toy....end result....You took care of yourself by getting someone to help you. My experience is that the urges lessen in intensity over time but dont totally go away. But it gets much easier to fight them and push them to the background.

MoMo....I figured you didn't touch this section because you didn't know what to write. From your "victories" thread you could probably write at least that you went to see your bro and sis-in-law despite wanting to be a hermit.... I am a hermit but I love every minute of being and introvert. I call it a hermit playfully .

shtarkebachur, I'm so happy you were able to do something for yourself. It's hard to have compassion and want to do something good for oneself.

Today I can honestly say was fun (besides the physical therapy.) I went out with my daughter and had a good time. She played hooky but for a good reason....she came to me and begged to stay home for quality time. My heart melted because she hasn't asked for that in a long time and my son just finished being sick for 2.5 wks and she felt neglected. So I let her. At first I was seriously bummed, but now I'm glad. It was fun.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/10/14 6:20 AM

My first reaction to my therapists answer to my email was rejection, but I was able to re-read it and see that really she cares.....

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/12/14 9:17 AM

I'm not sure what the letter from the therapist was, but regarddless, it's good to be able to see therapist cares rather than rejection. To be able to reframe something is hard. WTG!!!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

1/13/14 6:29 AM

I stopped doing stuff for other people and rested when I started to feel sick. (I wouldn't have felt sick if I hadn't had maple syrup in the a.m. but such is the nuts of life.)

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/6/14 5:50 PM

I know this is totally different but today I did something I always wanted to do (I mean always- ever since I was a very little girl) and always knew I wasn't allowed to. I still don't know if it's wrong for me.... but it felt good-right- like how I thought it would. And my therapist was the one who encouraged me to do it and she is religious. That helped a bit.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

5/6/14 7:30 PM

Great! I'm glad it worked out.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/7/14 2:03 AM

YAY!!! Glad it worked out too....took peanut butter from the jar with your fingers did u???? LOL

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 10:02 AM

hehe yup. actually it was much worse but don't tell...
I went to a place where I wouldn't find anyone I knew and changed into jeans and spent a couple of hours enjoying my freedom. How BAD is that?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 12:16 PM

Nah I support you on that!
I had a point where I needed to do that too :-)
I still feel like I wish I could do that sometimes I just don't have jeans and don't have the patience to go buy it ;-)
I totally relate! Honestly I thought you were gonna say something 100× worse...

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 2:46 PM

Momo I'm a girl remember?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 5:48 PM

Sometimes the restrictions just have to take a back step to our health. When we feel better, that gets better too.
Speaking from experience.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 9:07 PM

So?? Only guys are allowed to be out of the box?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 11:39 PM

Thanks guys for your support! Really this was just an experiment but I don't know what's next... I'm conflicted bc I really want this but then i can't have community or other things that come with conforming.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 11:51 PM

I stayed in bed all day till 5 but then i got up and went to my evening lab.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/9/14 3:43 AM

I've done that too many times to count..
Lately I do that much less and that's what counts.

Just move on and start the day over even if it's 5:00.

It's fascinating that we get caught in the same stuff. Apparently this is a normal reaction to out abnormal circumstances.

How was the rest of your day?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.