Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Munkster's Rant...
Created On 2/2/14 7:50 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/2/14 7:50 PM
User is offline View users profile

Perhaps this belongs in a physical illness section, but I don' think so. I'm so tired and have just about resigned myself to a life of pain. This is what happened the past few weeks: I needed a nerve block a while back. Insurance rejected it until a more minor proccedure was done. Minor procedure done, insurance happy. We set appt for nerve block. Doctor has family emergency and goes back to country of origin. Procedure postponed by 2 wks. BH he comes back with all limbs attatched (it's a country in great turmoil at moment.) Anyhooooooo, day of procedure that had to be rescheduled I get to hospital and told it's a four hour wait at least. I said, I'll wait, I'm patient. I wait four plus hours. They finally come to get me. They lightly sedate me. They tied me down to operating room table. They do all preps, some of which are quite painful. They get halfway through procedure and ready for technology to work its magic. Technology doens't work. No others of that peice of equipment around. They try everything, but to no avail. They wake me up (even though I was kinda awake anyhooo) and tell me they can't do the major procedure only minor. I cried, but consented for minor procedure. Life stinks and I feel helpless. I just want to smash everything around me and bang on pots and pans. I know it won't accomplish anything but it would feel better. Instead I trudge through life some more. We try for the "correct" procedure in two wks. Normally I wouldn't say tehillim but given mmy track record for getting this done RIGHT I think I could use all the davening I can get .

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/2/14 8:03 PM

OY!!!!
I'm Davening for you!!!

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

2/3/14 9:58 AM

Wow i cant imagine dealing with so much physical pain as well as the emotional pain. U are a real fighter. I wish u a refua shleima soon!!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

2/3/14 6:17 PM

I hope you feel better soon, munkster.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/3/14 6:34 PM

How are you today Munkster?
I'm wondering if someone like Shuki Berman can help you with getting this procedure done in a normal time frame. He is a medical consultant with connections to all the top doctors and hospitals and he helps people free of charge.
If you're interested I can try to find out more about him..

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

2/3/14 9:16 PM

REFUAH SHLEIMA!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

2/4/14 1:21 AM

Oy! Sounds horrible! Refuah sheleima!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/4/14 9:27 PM

Hi....Thank you all for your well-wishes....Today I'm having a bettter day. I'm not in bed crying so it's a better day. Also the injction site doesn't hurt anymore. MoMo...I don't think this can be hurried along. I have to wait 2 wks NOW cuz I had a steriod injected additionlally and the doc wants to wait 2 weeks. If somethihng goes wrong this time, maybe I'll ask you to look into it. But if something goes wrong again, I may contact a lawyer anyhooooooo.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

2/7/14 6:03 AM

How are you feeling,munkster?

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

2/20/14 10:13 AM

Yeah, how are you feeling? You're missed....

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/23/14 8:06 AM

Hi...popped on and saw you guys left a message. My life stinketh on some level right now. A. the correct procedure that was abandoned midship due to mechanical failure was rescheduled -- it landed up snowing on the rescheduled day . Now rescheduled again. Iffy on the weather but I'm optimistiic.....how many times can the thing go bad, right????

Daughter was diagnosed as leaning towards diabetes. I guess the good news is that it's reversable. The bad news: she's now hungrier and moodier than ever before. She doesn't like the new "lifestyle." (That's what we call it in the house.)

Looking for anohter school for the kids as this one is too challenging. Debating what route to take....one route has kids who are not going religiously as we like...but it's black and white...they aren't frum, therefore they do things we deem unacceptable. My kids are pretty strong in the ruchnios and I KNOW they get that...but still not ideal. The other is public school. REALLY not the ideal but we'd get them tutors. I'm not pleased in the predicament, but I'm also looking at other local solutions. The one hour commute is shredding my daughter to bits.

On an upnote....with all this crud going on, I'm not all that depressed. I dunno why. I think the snow does good things for me. My migraines have been almost nonexistant. So life isn't all bad, I guess.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

2/23/14 10:13 AM

I'm sorry to hear all the challenges but YAYAYAYAY for the good mood! Makes life more manageable like you said.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/23/14 11:34 AM

Munkster, sounds like a tough predicament. Why don't you keep them where they are but get them tutoring to help them keep up?

Good for you that you're mood is not affected by all this!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

2/24/14 9:27 AM

((((((HUGS)))))))))

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/25/14 12:09 AM

Momo, tuituon is high and we already have a tutor and therapist....bank acct can only do so much.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/25/14 12:34 AM

I hear you.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/28/14 5:12 PM

Procedure if finally done. It was relatively quick and painless...unlike last time. The relief I felt this morning. I was able to cook food for shabbos and clean...soemthing i barely could do before. I[m in a little pain, but nothing like last time. My kids even noticed that I cleaned and were happy .

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

2/28/14 5:30 PM

Thank you for the good news

Have a good Shabbos

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

3/1/14 7:36 PM

Wow that's great!
Keep us posted

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/2/14 6:24 AM

I'm all better now . I cant believe it.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

3/2/14 10:23 AM

YAY!
Bh. I am happy for you.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/3/14 9:21 AM

YAY!!! so happy for you!!!!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.