Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Burn Out
Created On 2/7/14 12:40 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/7/14 12:40 PM

Do you ever feel burnt out?

Do you ever feel that just doing the regular things that other people do naturally get you overwhelmed?

I was on a good streak for a while and felt good about my accomplishments but for the past few days I have no drive to continue. I wake up and feel like I just don't have what it takes to go to college. It feels like too much. I feel overwhelmed by it.

I am not in a severe depression and don't feel totally hopeless. I'm just burnt out and don't have what it takes to face the world.

I have sone theories about this but I'm wondering what you guys think?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

2/7/14 1:33 PM

sure, evbdy feels burned out s/times. Sometimes you need a vacation, and s'times the workload is too much.
And if you add the guilt-I should be doing this, I should be doing that- there's more fuel to the fire.
Truthfully, there are very few "shoulds."
I think our dificult. background makes us feel too responsible and serious. Do fun things for yourself, Momo. You deserve them!

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

2/8/14 4:05 PM

Yes i feel burnt out. Im not in a severe depression right now either but all i wanna do is sleep and not face my life. Totally know wat u mean

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

2/20/14 10:15 AM

I think it's called moderate depression (as opposed to severe depression) and I think many of us over here have it unfortunately... It saps the energy out of you.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

2/24/14 9:14 AM
User is offline View users profile

Sorry youre feeling this way! !!
What are youre theories?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/25/14 2:34 AM

Instead of my theories as to the cause here ate some theories of some possible solutions:

1) Bring more fun into my life. Do some random out of the Box things that aren't routine. Mix things up and try new things. Do things differently.

2) Do things imperfectly. I don't yet know how to stop the critical parts of my brain so for now I have to live with it but is it possible to ride it out and then let it pass instead of dwelling on it and fighting it and getting myself into a tizzy that I have it in the first place?

3) Connect with people as much as possible.

4) Don't overwork. And accept B's and C's on my classes. This is a really rough one for me! But I think it'll bring me more joy in the long run. I enjoy learning but the pressure to get good grades burns me out.

5) Be useful to others.

What do you guys think?

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

2/25/14 6:53 AM

All sound really good.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

2/25/14 11:06 AM

On paper

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

2/26/14 2:05 PM

Your theories sound great! How to keep them, that's the question.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/3/14 9:14 AM
User is offline View users profile

great theories!!!So how are they working out?

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.