Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: How was Shabbos, everybody?
Created On 3/9/14 7:02 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

3/9/14 7:02 AM

I struggle a lot with Shabbos because I can't really manage without the distractions of music, DVDs, writing....
Now that we moved theclock, it's even harder.
I'm hoping for miracles. Ca n't think of any other way to survive it.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

3/9/14 7:13 AM

keepclimbing you're not alone in this. Unfortunately every week I'm mechalel shabbos cuz I just need that pen to write or music to listen to or phone to mwatch something.... I also need a miracle. A very very BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/12/14 8:27 AM
User is offline View users profile

I find Shabbos to be a continuous struggle. Parshas Zachor is always the hardest because I have to go to shul which goes against the hermit side of me. Also, although the time change does wonders for my sleep issues, I do find a longer Shabbos is always hard since more time to stew in my own thoughts. I an effort to keep stewing at bay, I got a new game for my kids and me to play. Called Ovo. Hopefully it's a good game . It sounded fun in the store. I may go to the library to get some books for Shabbos too, today. Hopefully these things will help me from having such a hard time.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

3/12/14 11:42 AM

Keep Climbing,

I don't know how I missed this. Maybe I was too absorbed in my own stuff I'm sorry about that.

My previous Pdoc said that he gets the midst calls after Yom Tov and Shabbos. People have a very hard time with it.

I think Munkster is on the right track. Find distractions. As a last resort I would even take something to get me throug Shabbosim...

How was the rest of your week?

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

3/12/14 7:53 PM

Toy, how are you feeling?
Munkster, what is that game like? I'm always on the lookout for intersting stuff.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/13/14 7:00 AM
User is offline View users profile

So far my kid and I like the idea behind it...getting an egg to one side of the board and back. I'll tell you if it is a hit this Shabbos as I just bought it on Monday. I bought it at Marbles the Brain Store if you want to look at it online and see how to play. Another winner that we LOVE is Turncoat. That is like connect four kind of but with a twist.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.