Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Overwhelmed
Created On 3/26/14 5:23 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

3/26/14 5:23 PM

I don't know if this belongs in the depression section, but here it is.
This Pesach season is scary for me because the stress can make me crack-I mean really, really badly. Somehow I've got to figure out how to get thru it safely. It get's harder every year.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

3/27/14 12:21 AM

How can I help?

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

3/27/14 1:33 AM

This time of the year can be really stressful. Why does it get harder every year though? Do you have more family to host?

Bottom

Lasthope
Senior Supporter

3/27/14 5:15 AM

I know the feeling. I'm right there with you.... Holidays are stressful. Kids will be off soon, tons of cleaning, cooking, out of routine... One thing I can think of that helps with the anxiety is lists.. Getting it down on paper.. And of course medication!

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

3/27/14 5:38 AM

Thanx, Momo, I think it would help if I focus on the positive-It's precious family time. Also to remember to shep nachas from them all-not take them for granted.
Hopeful, yes the family grows, dynamics change and I get older,
Will try today to stay positive-not let the monster in.Stop and enjoy and be grateful,
You can all help me by reminding me of that.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

3/28/14 11:55 AM

Maybe we could all remind each other and support each other. I'm actually in the stage of life when it's getting easier, because my kids are getting older and I don't have toddlers running around with Cheerios. But I can see how it gets harder for a bubby. And I admire you for doing it, and hosting the family, with all its changing dynamics. Hatzlacha! And we are here for you.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/29/14 9:44 PM
User is offline View users profile

Having a hard time with the cleaning. Having a cleanng lady come to help out. But still, my arms are uselses. I have to go for another test . Scared of what the future holds. Nothing to look forward to on Pesach.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

3/30/14 12:03 PM

Pesach is hard as it is, and is so much harder with physical challenges. Good luck with the cleaning lady - hope she's good and reliable. And feel better!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

3/30/14 12:41 PM

Munkster,
How are things going?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/31/14 11:53 AM

Not good. Overwhelmed. Got an ear infection so had to cancel the help and reschedule . I hope things are going better for everyone else. Feeling sorta lost right now.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/31/14 11:56 AM

I guess I should expand. I went to a bas mitzvah of a close friend of my daughter's (with mmy daughter.) We HATED it. There was a girl who doesn't know my daughter well...hasn't seen her in 2 yrs approx. and made an obnxoius "fat" comment that made my daughter self-concious and sad. This was sad at REALLY bad timing as my daughter is having so many probs with being prediabetic. I know this is evil, but I really hope this kid suffers depression and eating disorders as a teen and adult so she knows the hurt my daughter is going through NOW. My daughter isn't fat even, just not skinny, so it was also uncalled for . Oh yes, and now my daughter thinks the prediabetic thing is her "fault"....urghhhhhhhhhh, I hate oother kids sometimes. Wishing I had the guts to call the prinicpal of the school, but we don't go to that school for a REASON!!!!!

Edited: 3/31/14 at 11:58 AM by mouse

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

3/31/14 9:18 PM

That's so hurtful!
I'm not a parent so I don't even know if this idea is in the ball park but can you call the kid's mother and tell her what her kid said?
Or have your kid tell this other kid that what she said was hurtful and ask her not to do it again.
Am I way off mark?

It's so nice that you care so deeply about your daughter. If only all mothers cared that deeply..

Refua Shlaima!!

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/2/14 12:37 AM

That's so sad that a Bas mitzvah age girl can be so shallow and insensitive. Your daughter is so lucky to have you. You sound like a very supportive mother.

Hope you're feeling better.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/2/14 4:49 AM

I landed up gathering all my guts...and I mean every last little bit, and called the principal of the other school. She was soooo nice. I didn't say who said it. I just said that if it can be addressed, it would be great. She was really gracious. It was so good. Although my daughter is still hurt, at least maybe it won't happen next time.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/2/14 10:22 AM

On Monday A fuse blew in my head-I overworked, and boom! my brain starts to explode.
Now I'm sitting on the couch, listening to music, resting, rellaxing, anything to prevent another blowup.
It's sooo much fun to be doing this Erev Pesach, and reaaaally helps me feel good about myself!!!!!
Help!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/2/14 6:31 PM

I know the feeling KC. We can't really afford it, but we got a cleaning lady. It helped get us so much further in the cleaning process. Apparently, I'm a social cleaner. (Go figure as I'm also a social eater . ) Anyhooooooooo, just remember two things....1. how clean your house is, isn't a sign of how good YOU are....2. pesach things don't have to be clean, just chametz-free. In desperation, cut corners on CLEAN and do the chametz-free thing. It helps to realize what you are doing for a mitzvah and what you're doing for other reasons. I hope this helps.....

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/2/14 7:12 PM

Keep Climbing, you're taking care of yourself relaxing is sometimes a necessity.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/2/14 9:00 PM

I wish there was a "like" button on here so I could press it for all the posts I really like. MoMo's would be the first one to LIKED .

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/3/14 12:03 AM

I "like" that.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/3/14 11:51 AM

Still feeling lousy. My family is helping, which is good.
I need to take a real break-go somewhere, maybe.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/3/14 7:06 PM

Don't you wish Pesach hotels were CHEAP???? I do. I just keep looking at how far I've gotten and take frequent breaks. (I have to since my arms won't cooperate.)

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

4/3/14 8:09 PM

Munkster that would be amazing. Especially if they had a decent group of singles there, not just families.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/8/14 12:05 AM

How is everyone doing? I've been up and down. B"H definitely moving along towards Pesach. Kids have been amazing, B"H.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/8/14 12:57 AM

Got a lot done today...perhaps too much if that is possible. Conquered the fridge --- ewwwwwwwwwwwww. Then just when I thought I could wind down for th day, my kid get's sick. Annoying. The good news was part of the reason he didn't call in school was that he was too busy and I think he was having a good time in clas by the sounds of it.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/9/14 10:46 AM

How is your kid feeling? I hate when that happens, especially Erev pesach.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/9/14 11:35 AM

Good going Munkster!
Refua Shaima to your son.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/11/14 11:07 AM

Kid is better, but has these pesky ear drops 3x a day I keep forgetting. I hate these things. Funny thing is my daughter remembers and gives it to him. (They are the same age.)

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/11/14 11:40 AM

That's cute! Glad he's feeling better.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.