Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Pesach....the aftermath
Created On 4/23/14 8:23 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/23/14 8:23 PM
User is offline View users profile

I'm still not completely switched over from Pesach mode to chometz . I feel like I was a total failure the entire Pesach because I didn't cook too much or clean too much after each meal. I felt like every time I cooked I had to clean and the process kept repeating until I was tired...maybe 3 rounds at a time wwhich meant starvation on our part . Furthermore, today both my kids go hurt. One hurt her foot when silverware dropped on it and the other hurt his arm gardening (and the plants didn't make it inot the ground yet either!!!!) I feel defeated. Like I won't ever win so bother. I'm so tired adn those urges are coming back with a vengeance again. I think in particular because Yizkor reminded me of my losses (my parents) and I have quite a bit of guilt surrounding both of their deaths. It's too much to process or cope with. Also it was recently the yahrtzeit of my grandfathers.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

4/23/14 9:00 PM

You write that you felt like a total failure, then you write that you didn't cook too much or clean too much.

But you did cook and clean. So that can't be a total failure.

You write that you feel that you won't ever win, so why bother. But it sounds like you did win quite a bit, like the aforementioned cooking and cleaning that you did do. And when your kids hurt themselves, I assume that you were there for them to give comfort. If so, that's a win.

As for parents and grandparents, that's a hard one. But very soon moshiach is coming, and they will become alive again, and that will surely add happiness.

Hope to hear good news

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/24/14 12:17 AM

I really feel for you those are all difficult things. I don't know what else to say that'll be helpful...

Would therapy help deal with the guilt and feelings of failure etc?

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/24/14 1:55 AM

Munkster, (((hugs))). Pesach is hard. But you survived. So you didn't fail. You managed to get through.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/24/14 6:43 AM

These crazy expectations that we have of ourselves!! I "should" be able to do this, and that and this and that! Then we're never satisfied with anything! We're all guilty of this selfbashing, and it's killing us!
Can we move forward together and say-it's o.k. Whatever I can do, it's o.k. and I'm o.k.?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/24/14 7:28 PM

Thanks for the support folks ....MoMo...therapy would be helpful if it didn't land on TUESDAYS!!!!!! Oh well. Waiting for this Tuesday to roll around .

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/26/14 9:50 PM

Youre almost there Munkster! almos tuesday!!

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

4/27/14 8:28 AM

Congrats to everyone here for making it through Pesach, hard as it is for everyone in their own way...

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

4/28/14 6:43 PM

One more day till therapy.....AHHHHHHHHHH. Too much drama in my life recently.

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/28/14 7:21 PM

Hang in there!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/1/14 4:31 PM

I forgot to get on and say...I SURVIVED TILL THERAPY . Still having so many negative feelings....

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.