Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Finally reaching out
Created On 4/28/14 10:30 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

rocky
Junior Supporter

4/28/14 10:30 PM

Hi everyone!

You probably all have seen my name on the boards as I'm a very long time member of this wonderful site, I just have not had the courage to post for all these years. I’ve longed to reach out for awhile but I have social anxiety even on an anonymous forum So you can imagine how hard it is in real life. I’m basically isolated and all alone.
But even without posting I think I'm addicted to Frum Support. I'm always amazed by the support love and care amongst the members and wished I wasn't so shy to be able join in.

The past few days I'm not sure what triggered it, but I'm finding myself spiraling out of control into a deep depression and need some chizuk to pull myself up.
I've been on this roller coaster countless times and know that this will eventually pass but was wondering if it's ok to reach out here for some desperately needed support??

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

4/28/14 10:51 PM

Can you think about some good things that you have accomplished in the past?

Perhaps remembering those things can make you feel happier.

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

4/28/14 11:27 PM

But it says you have only posted 2 times? Confused...

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

4/28/14 11:30 PM

What are you confused about?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/28/14 11:39 PM

WOW!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS ON POSTING!!!

What are you feeling?

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

4/29/14 1:57 AM

That's great that you're reaching out. Sorry you're not feeling so great. We're here for you.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

4/29/14 10:18 AM

Hey, good for you!
Looking forward to getting to know you. I'm sorry you have a hard time. I second HopefulMommy- we are here for you in any way we can.
Please keep posting!

Bottom

rocky
Junior Supporter

4/30/14 7:29 AM

Thank you so much for responding!
I think it's the feeling of being so alone that caused this recent funk. Even knowing there's someone out there who cares helps a bit.
I'm trying to push myself but I have no energy whatsoever and just want to keep crawling back into bed.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/30/14 9:16 AM

I battle the exact same things every day so I definitely relate to that...

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/30/14 11:10 AM

Can totally relate to this feeling-My body screams, I want to go to sleep......
And have been fighting it for a ong time.
Most of the time I get out of bed and keep moving.
And when I choose to stay in bed, I'm in trouble. The depr. gets worse and worse...
Good Luck, Rocky, and keep moving.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

4/30/14 2:58 PM

Same here. I try to occasionally allow myself to sleep in it helps me push myself the other days. A new habit that helps a little is to play fast music in the morning it gets me going.

Usually at night I'm happy that I pushed myself to get going.

For the long term the only way to be excited about getting out of bed is if the life I'm living feels exciting and is rewarding.
Part of this is to appreciate what I do accomplish and to somehow reduce the emotional pain and increase positive feelings...

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 10:04 AM

Hi Rocky, how are you doing?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/8/14 12:19 PM

Yeah I was wondering the same thing??
Once you post you're part of the club!!! ;-)

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

5/12/14 6:10 AM
User is offline View users profile

And the club wants to know how youre doing...

Bottom

rocky
Junior Supporter

5/13/14 11:13 PM

Sorry I haven't been back here.
I thought once I broke the ice it would be easier to post since I really would like to be a contributing member of the club, but I'm still in tremendous pain and just barely getting thru the days that I decided for now to eliminate the added stress of posting. Back into my hated shell I go...

Thanx Trying, MoMo and Chana for asking about me but I really don't deserve anyones concern.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/14/14 12:06 AM

First of all it's OK not to post. We all understand that it's not easy for you no one expects you to pressurize yourself to post when you're not up to it. We accept your silence. Post whenever you feel up to it. It's OK.

Secondly, why do you say that you don't deserve anyones concern? What makes you different than anyone else here?
We aren't concerned because you did something to "deserve" it! We're concerned because you're another human being and we want to be concerned!! You don't have to be or do anything to "earn" our concern!!!

MoMo

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/14/14 12:22 AM

I second what Momo said. Hope you feel better soon!

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

5/14/14 12:24 AM

Momo can I challenge u on that. If people on this site are concerned just because you're a human being than why do some people get more "concerned" answers than others? Not everyone's posts get answers.... You don't need to answer.....

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/14/14 11:35 AM

I hear you. I guess there is some truth to what you're saying the more I relate to the person the more likely I am to respond...

I'm here for you! I care about you!

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/14/14 2:01 PM

Rocky, I hope that things go better for you. And whenever you feel that you want to post, you can feel welcome, and people care for you.

Toy, I would add to momo's reply, that sometimes people feel that posting a reply can be helpful, and sometimes they may feel that posting a reply may not help, and may even be counterproductive.

And I agree with momo's expression of caring. Even when we don't reply, we do care, we do have ahavas yisroel, and we want to help one another.

Edited: 5/14/14 at 2:03 PM by gad

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

5/18/14 5:58 AM
User is offline View users profile

Ok Rocky, you dont have to post, but that dosent mean we wont keep wondering how you are and how things are going.... And I think that it is our desicion to decide if we are concerend or not, and wetehr or not you "deserve" it.... As far as Im concerend, you DO deserve concern...

Toy- Its all a function of how everything its phrased, how much everyone can relate to that specific person, how much we know them, how our mood is at the specidic time, how much time we have and weterh were totaly afraid of making things tonz worse!!!!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.