Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Tbear, how are you?
Created On 4/29/14 7:01 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

4/29/14 7:01 AM

Tbear, we miss you. Drop us a line so we'll know you're o.k.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

5/16/14 9:08 AM

Just saw this..... Brought tears to my eyes that I am remembered.... fel very much like a burden.....

so hard to say, not doing well at all, yet stronger somehow

For explanation - Just before Pesach, my house burned down - the Shabbos lights, glass cracked, oil scattered....

Flames and smoke engulfed the house in a matter of minutes - I have no computer except at work for now so the reason, I can't even reach out..... Baruch Hashem all my kids and all the pets made it out! It is just things - but all of our things..... everything - The candleabras I used every week - the seforim - my favorite challah making bowl.... all a loss.

Trauma triggers trauma and so sent me into a state of disintegration with the DID - switching and losing time.... mostly in shock like walking thru life without feeling - as if I have novacaine running through my veins. But Hashem was still there in the flame and smoke, we got out safely - He wakened me when the smoke alarms didn't work - I awakened the kids.... We are now living - scattered in different homes in the community - we have been given clothing, the children's books have been replaced and I still have a job..... Brought so much up though....

What is a home - is it the structure, the things, the memories, the future, the present rituals, the people, the safety? We are all in exile from our true home... just as I am in exile from a physical illusion of a home. There is no safety except with Hashem... even then Hashem allows a person's safety to be disrupted - mine has been over and over again even when I daven and try to choose to do what is best - so all I can conclude is there is no safety as I perceive it.... yet I do yearn for my own home - do I yearn for the true home we are exiled from as much? But also, is there a piece of tranquility within - the glimmer from Ha Kodesh Baruch Hu? Left in confusion - there is no space to process when all are crowded together - no time to contemplate, where can I turn - but my mind won't allow me to avoid - the fire doesn't allow me to seal it away any longer....

I am told that this is bringing up much from my past that I have avoided - sealed away through the years, much like the chametz we seal away - acceptance of and burning away through fire and pain..... trauma triggers trauma.... brings it to the forefront -

This is what I have been grappling with:

Loss
Pain - Helpless - Trapped - Pain
Don't leave me cold and hungry and alone
Fear
Listen to my need and help me fill it
But why? Loss - nothing ever lasts
Don't get comfortable

Put in place a permanent home? None exists
There is nothing permanent but Hashem
There is nothing real - all is illusion
There is no future
My past proves to me that all is loss
There is only this moment, this breath

What is a home?
Is it the building, the items, the safety?
All loss - all illusion - all nothing
Safety does not exist
There is only Hashem
Even He does not give safety
Only the knowlege that He knows all
There is a plan
Hashem surpasses past - present - future

Only Hashem has Power
All other power is illusion
There is only helplessness
Born into pain and terror
Trapped in a life that I have no power to change
Yet Hashem has brought me into change
The only power is in this moment, in my choices
Yet nothing I do matters - or does it?
Nothing will change the pain
Loss

I cry out to Hashem
And still, the pain
I love HaKodesh Baruch Hu with my whole being
But do I trust?
Is there even a choice in that?
He alone holds Power
But where is love or comfort?
I cried out in my pain through the years
Over and Over and Over
He has been there within the pain
and still we are helpless to do anything about anything
So tired....when will the pain end?
I yearn for escape, for rest
Is that home?

Yet within the pain seems to be the healing - forcing me to connect more with the community around us - forcing me to confront feelings I have been unable to address - like silver being burned until all the dross is gone....

But I am so tired.....

Thank you for the post - I am only sporadically able to come here - must get back to work.....

You guys are great - Hashem does have a plan - I have to hang on to that - be strong - live today

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

5/16/14 12:18 PM

Wow! I was so glad to see your name, but really sad about the fire! That is a difficult nisayon!
I agree with you that we can grow from these troubles. After I had my major depression, a lot of things in my life started changing, most of them for the better. I'm sure my troubles were the catalyst for that.
And I find it amazing that you can see 'the good' while you are struggling. Usually it comes with hindsight.
Hatzlacha and Good Shabbos!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

5/16/14 12:20 PM

I never cease to be amazed by your strength and faith. I don't think you realize just how special you are!

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/16/14 2:23 PM

tbear, your insight is tremendously instructive.

Hope to hear good news.

Edited: 5/16/14 at 2:52 PM by gad

Bottom

HopefulMommy
Senior Supporter

5/16/14 6:28 PM

Wow, TBear, I'm so sorry! Sounds like a very difficult experience. What you wrote is very inspiring. May you never experience any more losses!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

5/18/14 6:02 AM
User is offline View users profile

I agree with everything evryone else said!!
((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Missed you and sorry about whats going on.... but you are so amazing and an inspiration. Really!
Nice to see you back here!

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

5/19/14 7:35 PM

Thank you all so much! I am right now feeling both really reallydown. And really really blessed.... the total unknown future forcing me to trust rather than isolate and the emotional pain that is brought up causing waves of anxiety

Bottom line i am a mess.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

5/19/14 10:11 PM

I admire your tenacity, TBear. wishing you strength and courage to keep going.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

5/20/14 6:30 AM

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/8/14 8:25 AM

Tbear, I know this is late, but I'm sorry about the fire. I'm hoping things are beginning to calm down for you. You're strong, you've gotten through worse, you'll get through this. Just reemember this.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.