Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Seeing New Therapist
Created On 6/10/14 5:35 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/10/14 5:35 PM
User is offline View users profile

It's looking more and more likely I will need to see a new therapist who is much further away from home. I have seen the same therapist for 15 yrs and made a lot of progress but due to insurance changes, it is unlikely I will be able to see her again. I'm trying to find reasons to say no to different therapists in hopes that iinsurance will give in, but currently I have someone who can see me and specializes in dissociation -- one of my primary problems. I'm so upset and angry in part at this new therapist since I gave some not so thinly veiled comments that I'm not really interested in seeing her and that I'd like her to just say no to me for some reason or another. Unfortunately, she has the time and expertise. I am worried that I will not be able to drive to her during one of those bouts I have with my neck/arm issues but the insurance doesn't really care about that -- as long as it is within a 10 mile radius it should do, according to them. I am feeling quite a bit of loss at the moment as I didn't even have a cchance to have closure with my current therapist. It was just one day I found out my insurance changed (they neglected to contact me or my therapist) and the next I realized I couldn't return without paying out of pocket. Furthermore, I'm worried I may be accountable for all bills incurred from January through end of April since the insurance is denying any responsibility in this. Am I blowing things up or do I have reason to be upset just a little??? I feel so betrayed by the insurance company. And I'm not too thrilled with the new therapist either.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/10/14 11:51 PM

I feel for you!
Insurance companies are notoriously difficult and laden with frustration.
A relationship with a therapist is an intense and very real thing. You share with her things that you'd never share with anyone else. Of course you'd be upset!!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/11/14 8:42 AM

Thanks MoMo...I was beginning to wonder if I was overly picky or sensitive or something.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/11/14 2:25 PM

Yeah, I can definatly see how leaving a therapsit of 15 years without closure and with all of the other factors making it very difficult!!
So you saw the new therapist yet or no?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/11/14 9:25 PM

Not yet...Looks like Tuesday at its earliest.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/11/14 11:53 PM

If you go to the new therapist, and you decide you don't want to continue, and you tell this to the insurance, would they accept it?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/12/14 11:37 AM

I don't know, Gad. I think I need to have a reason for the insurance -- more than just an "I didn't connect" reason. I'm planning on doing that but there is still another therapist who isn't "cooperating" and much less qualified. How many can I reject due to "not connecting????" There has got to be a limit. I just don't know what it is. And I don't know if it's a qualified argument either.

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

6/12/14 4:31 PM

I agree with MoMo.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/12/14 11:56 PM

Maybe you can ask relief or echo or ohel for advice.
Or maybe you can ask dr price if he has advice, or if he can recommend someone (who knows insurance angles)

Edited: 6/12/14 at 11:57 PM by gad

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.