Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: How does one tell someone nicely...
Created On 6/13/14 2:09 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 2:09 PM
User is offline View users profile

Someone keeps giving their opinions to me on something they know nothing or little of beyond his/her own limited and unprofessional experience. How do I tell the person to shut up nicely??? Or is it better just to hold my tongue? It seems to me, I may do them a favor by telling them to stop so they don't jabber constantly on a topic they don't know and I don't care to hear their opinions thereby savign the person time....Anyone get what I'm trying to say??? Am I wrong to tell the person I don't care about his/her opinion??? So confused.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 2:38 PM

Hi Munkster,

It sounds like you do care. It's unpleasant to hear it. Why don't you express in a calm non judgmental way how YOU feel. Focus on how it makes YOU feel as opposed to what the other person is doing wrong..

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 2:39 PM

I also want to point out that of course you care no one wants to hear other people's opinions about things that don't pertain to them!

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 2:44 PM

Are you forced to listen to them? How about avoiding them...or if not try to annoy them back so they won't keep talking to you.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 3:20 PM

OUCH, MoMo...I'm so BAD at stating how I feel....usually it goes something like, "I feel like you are a jerk when..." it never works out well....don't know why?!?! LOL...I'll have to figure something out....
Cutie, I'm not forced to listen but neither do I appreciate hearing it.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Cutiestarr
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 3:51 PM

If you just disagree with everything they say they won't want to talk to you anymore

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 4:36 PM

I definitely didn't mean to be hurtful. Yeah it's hard to say how you feel but if you get used to it in the long run it's really worth it! What you feel matters so why shouldn't you be able to just tell someone what you're feeling?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/13/14 7:16 PM

MoMo...you weren't hurtful...just brings back memories of my former obnoxious self being prickly....Maybe I'll give it a try nexxt time the subject pops up In my field of vision. You got a point I should be able to tell what I'm feeling tosomeone.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.