Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Still no therapist
Created On 7/27/14 3:22 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/27/14 3:22 PM
User is offline View users profile

My insurance denied request to see my therapist once again -- even though no one else is available. I'm so worn out. So much is going on in my life. The only time I don't hear "internal noise" is when I take too much of my Klonopin. And then it's so quiet I don't know what to do . I'm so unhappy and there is no one to turn to . I'm losing patience quickly.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/27/14 4:25 PM

I feel your pain!!!!
I can offer a suggestion or two but I wonder if that's what will be helpful right now...

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

7/27/14 5:01 PM

Maybe to call ohel or relief or nefesh or a similar organization

Edited: 7/27/14 at 9:25 PM by gad

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/28/14 3:41 PM

Sorry things are so rough, Mouse.
How's today going?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/28/14 6:41 PM

Worse. Called a day hospital...They have a waiting list but I'm on it now. Let insurance pay. GRRRRRRR

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/3/14 3:03 PM

Don't know if anyone following this thread. Starting the day hospital tomorrow. My insurance knows. Hasn't called yet though. I'm hoping they get that generating a big bill is in part (but not entirely) the reason for this. Turns out they can have their way because insurance commissioner says they have no authority since it's a private insurance. In the process of procuring a lawyer to try and cause misery.
'

Bottom

getMeOutOfHere
Supporter

8/3/14 3:27 PM

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well and that you're having trouble with your insurance. Insurance is a pain in the behind. I hope the day hospital helps.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/3/14 4:05 PM

I'm so sorry, mouse. That's a really tough position to be in.
But i admire you. You're a fighter.
Keep going, they say it's worth it.
((((HUGS))))

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

8/7/14 6:38 PM

Regarding a therapist, I wonder how much you would have to pay to see a therapist in Tikvah or Interboro in Crown Heights. I think Counterforce which is in Kensington/Flatbush area has a sliding scale.
Also if you graduated high school/seminary or yeshiva, is there a former teacher you can speak to?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/10/14 4:18 AM

Thank you achdus, for your response. I do not live in the NY area really so it wouldn't work out. I did graduate sem and college; however, my sem teachers would not understand the diagnosis I have. It's complicated.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/10/14 6:58 AM

I called yet another therapist who said she doesn't work with dissociative disorders. She was really nice though and gave me more places to register my complaints. She was very encouraging. Her energy made me feel like my battery was recharged and now I'm ready to rumble with the insurance company .

Bottom

Teddybear
Supporter

8/10/14 12:06 PM

May I ask what you are looking for, mouse? Location/ type of therapist, etc.?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/13/14 7:13 PM

Central Jersey looking for someoen who specializes with disscoicative disorders and takes my insurance -- Valuoptions. Must be day time hours.

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/18/14 9:25 PM

How's it going with the therapist search, Mouse?

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

8/18/14 10:19 PM

Maybe Yitty Leibel Helpline would know. Though they have a 718 number, they are all over the country. their tel is 718-435-7669. Let me know how it goes.
Also if I were to find someone in Lakewood, is that hard to get to?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/19/14 7:11 AM

Thank you for offering but Lakewood is far from me...Central NJ is a large area. .

Bottom

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

8/19/14 11:12 AM

Are you close to Passaic?

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

8/21/14 11:42 PM

Maybe relief would know. I think they are 718-435-9501.
How are you feeling. Do you feel hopeful or otherwise?

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

8/21/14 11:44 PM

sorry , I think it is 431-9501

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.