Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: chsesed/pro bono therapy?
Created On 12/19/05 1:01 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hannah08
Junior Supporter

12/19/05 1:01 AM

I am desperately searching for a way for my husband to receive therapy via chesed or probono and hoping someone out there may know of some resources. He was diagnosed with clinical depression 6 yrs ago and has never been able to make any consistant progress due to lack of funds. He is NOT going to get onto a website such as this to air out his feelings, and needs someone to be in touch with on a regular basis. Ironically, our chances at any $ success get further and further away the longer it takes him to reach any personal serenity. He has no insurance and no $ help from family. He has signed up through a pharmaceutical company for free meds grants (you should look into it if this applies to you;your dr. should be able to help) and also started taking a new med that's cheaper anyway, but he is slipping back further and further without therapy. I cannot accept that a world as advanced as ours (secularly and religiously) wouldn't have chesed set up for the purpose of saving a frum home in a situation such as this.

I would be oh so grateful if anyone has any suggestions or leads.

Thank you and all the best.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

12/24/05 10:47 PM

Is there a reason that your husband does not have medical insurance? I don't know where you live, but in New York, I think people who can prove financial hardship are eligible for medicaid. Have you applied? If he has been ill for some time, he may also be eligible for disability insurance. Also, psychiatric clinics at universities, hospitals and other training institutions often offer services at very reduced rates.
A Lynn

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

1/5/06 2:17 PM

Hello Hannah!

I am sorry to hear about your situation and I hope you can get help for your husband soon.
Unfortunately, I know what depression can do to a marriage.
So keep at it and try to maintain a positive attitude.

Ernie

Bottom

Mosheyehuda
Junior Supporter

1/22/06 1:51 PM
User is offline View users profile

BS"D
Hello Hannah.
Has your Husband tried "Recovery Inc?" They are a self help support group and are very good.
They have meetings I believe in every state and every major city. They even have meetings in Israel!
Look them up at www.recoveryinc.org/

With Much Hatzlacha to your Husband.

Mosheyehuda

-------------------------
Matisyahu

Bottom

Mosheyehuda
Junior Supporter

1/22/06 1:55 PM
User is offline View users profile

Hannah>
Sorry I wrote down the wrong website for Recovery,Inc.
it is www.recovery-inc.org/

Hatzlacha

Moshe Yehudah

Matisyahu

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

1/27/06 12:24 AM

Places like Jewish Board of family Services and other agencies (many advertise in local publications and the phone book) have a sliding scale so you can pay only a few dollars for therapy. Hatzlacha, it's very rough living with a depressed spouse, I'm sure you can use some support for yourself as well.

frumsw

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.