Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: I really hope everyone gone is a good thing
Created On 2/9/15 6:32 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/9/15 6:32 PM
User is offline View users profile

It seems like most of the "old" group has gone. I hope that is a good sign that things are improving for them. Things seem to be getting better for me too -- albeit slowly, but that's better than nothing. Missing the consistent support from here. Glad there are some new faces popping up too though. I see myself gradually pulling away from here. But at the same time don't feel ready yet.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

Shver
Supporter

2/10/15 9:23 AM

For several months it has been good sign on my part.
I was feeling much better.
Lately, I have had setback.
I know many people access this site but don't like to post which is fine.
To those who don't use PM's, I can be reached at GuyAvec24@gmail.com

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

2/11/15 7:45 PM

Bad sign on my part.... the fire and many other stressors have me reeling and just plain tired of trying - including reaching out ..... what does it help - doesn't change the life I have been handed, all the positive trying and faith has done no more than have many people admire my strength and tell me I am an inspiration, what wonderful traits they see in me - but it does no good when I don't see it and blank out - cry when people are nice.... to h-ll with being an inspiration! Sorry - I am pretty far gone and that is one reason I have tried not to come here unless I have something helpful to say - why bring others down - I really try to help and be positive - when I can't - well then .... no more me ... pretty much hate myself and life so there is nothing helpful to say.... sorrry - better stop... Yearn for kindness and aceptance, but terrified and paralyzed to take it in....can analyze why, but it does no good

You guys are great don't go down this path that I am on...

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

2/12/15 12:07 AM

Sorry that you're feeling so down.

I hope that you will soon have good news to tell

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

2/12/15 5:35 AM

Tbear, I'm glad to hear from you no matter how you are feeling. Anyway, in a support group , we are supposed to share the truth.

I'm still having downs, athough more ups lately,b"h.

Anybody have any experience with mindfulness for depression?

Bottom

Shver
Supporter

2/12/15 12:29 PM

Regarding mindfulness, I have been reading The Happiness Trap and it
has helped somewhat.
Having this setback has been extremely depressing for me.
Part of the problem is in my job I have very little interaction with other people.
I really yearn for social contact when I am depressed. When I am normal, I prefer
to be left alone.

Anyway, don't be intimitated by e-mail address. GuyAvec24@gmail.com
I created that name after receiving an overload of spam.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/15/15 10:23 AM

Tbear, I'm so sorry you're still struggling from the fire and have other stuff going on too. I never thought how a fire could make such a mess of life untl it happened to you. . I hope it comes together in the near future and things go positive moving forward. I'm not sure what words of comfort I can offer you. I've never been in your shoes. You are strong though and reselient. Things have to let up some time or another.

Keep cllimbing, I have used all DBT skills with depression...especially mindfulness. I find being mindful of the good as well as the bad moments makes me realize how much better thing can get. As bad as my dark moments are, they still pale in comparison to the good times...the good stuff we live for. I am especially now aware of when I get cranky at strangers. Who has the time for that kinda stuff????? That a telemarketer or an aggressive driver with no name can even give five minutes of anger blows my mind. I try to acknowledge the bad and move on as quickly as possible.....90 mph... .

Shver, I've never been in an isolating job. I guess I'm jealous because I can't stand working with people. But, I do get the loneliness issue. That must stink. Do you have free time at all to learn in a group during the week??? Or volunteer to do something??? Try waking a bit earlier for a shiur if possible. Sometimes just being in a room with people can help.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

2/15/15 7:43 PM

Mouse, did you do DBT with a group or a therapist? How long does it take ?

Bottom

Shver
Supporter

2/16/15 10:51 AM

I have regular chavrusas every night except Sat. night.
My schedule is very full. Unfortunately, I still find plenty of time to
obsses (or ruminate).
Last night was an especially difficult night. Got up at 3AM and spent the nite
in an high anxiety state. I am starting to feel hopeless.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

2/16/15 12:10 PM

Not being able to sleep is awful. Sometimes medicine can help with that.
Hold on, Shver. It's going to get better! iy"h.

Bottom

Shver
Supporter

2/16/15 1:19 PM

The problem is getting the meds.
Psychiatrists have very long waiting lists.

Bottom

MorahL
Supporter

2/16/15 3:16 PM

Shver, that sounds really hard I hope things get better soon.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/16/15 6:07 PM

DBT takes a few months to get through the material...From my experience, going through a second round of the material is most beneficial. It takes up A LOT of time, in group and with a therapist. It is worth the input of time though. Every once in a whhile I go through the material again in some kind of group setting. It is most beneficial if you can do it with a group, but if need be, alone works out well too. Sometimes you find dfifferent interpretations of the same material when you are in a group.

Shver, I understand the sstress. It is difficult to sit on a waiting list for a psychiatrist. Once you get a good one, stick with him/her. I have had a good psychiatrist now for over 10 yrs. Try to remember there was a time you felt better, and you can get back there with time. It feels like forever in the wee hours of the morning but somewhere someone else is also not asleep. That helps me feel not quite as alone in the middle of the night....that and nudging my hubby awake.....I'm rooting for you......you'll get past it. You did in the past, you will in the future.

Bottom

Shver
Supporter

2/17/15 10:29 AM

I want to thank everyone for their moral support.
My primary care doctor prescribed the meds I needed (or wanted ?).
It is a pcsychotropic medication that helps me with the early morning anxiety.
Feeling much better today

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/19/15 6:04 PM

yay

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.