Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: What is it?
Created On 5/26/15 7:53 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/1/15 12:56 AM

Yup I totally relate to the ups and downs I have that.
I can be depressed for a few days or weeks straight and then things just shift and I have a few days of clarity...

Lately though the downs are not as drastic and the ups are not as drastic either not sure if that's good or bad...

Currently I'm in a two week down. Sleeping a lot not interested in much. Unsure about my future. Not eating properly....
But at least it's not like I'm going crazy I'm just down.

Sorry I don't want to take the topic away from you I'll start another thread about it when I get a chance...

Channa all the best. You're post was just fine. No need for perfection here :-)

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/1/15 11:35 AM

Glad you're feeling a little better. Hope you're able to come up with the right plan for your situation and it all works out in the end.

I can also relate to the ups and downs. Aside from the clarity and good mood, the ups for me tend to be really intense and I end up burning myself out easily, becoming irritable, tense and explosive after a while.

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

7/1/15 9:20 PM

Channa - I have been out for awhile.... but wanted to say I care - just read the set of posts and am glad you are thinking more clearly.

You are so young and as much as you love your family and parents - you need to focus on your growth and health first. Without that you will mentally decompose and not be there for anyone - including yourself. I have children in their twenties and would not want them to forego their own health to be supportive of me. I try to always be there for them and it has taken a long time to realize that I am better at being there for them when I have taken time to take care of me first. Sometimes I have to cut back and juggle - but only for a limited time or I will not be able to be the best Mom I can be. I have found that they draw strength from me and develop more when I do put priority on my mental, emotional and physical health.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/2/15 8:22 PM
User is offline View users profile

Thanks guys.
Now Im just dealling with the stress of having to figure out what I want to do with my life and all that and trying to push off my next impending depressive epsiode. I have a feeling that this long weekend just may be the end of it, but Ill try to get out and pamper myself to try to hold on to my mild depression before it turns severe again. As to what im going to do with my life and treatment and next year ( and summer? )There are so many more options when the only choice isnt death! But Im really making an effort to chose the right or most realistic thing for me. I keep reading the posts people wrote to me about this and its really helpful and good to remind myself right now that I dont have to support my family and all the other stuff you guys said. So thanks for the advice and support and everything

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/2/15 8:23 PM

And Momo? Were waiting for that thread from you about how ur doing, unless of course ur feeling ok again, in wich case feel free to post that too!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/3/15 11:07 AM

Starting to spiral down again... Im so sick of this already. Last night I was thinking about finding out what I want to do with my life and switching majors and today I just dont even care anymore... Why is that I try so hard and do everything right yet still feel horrible again? I ecercised, slept and ate well, did things to make me feel good, both short and long term, challlenged my distorted thoughts and all that, all in moderation and everything so as not to burn myself out , yet im here again.... I shouldnt be suprised really. Ive never really known anythinng other than this life, but that doesnt make it any easier.. And my "vacations" from my depression have been getting longer and better, but still....
Yeah, so this is my vent before I start doing the work and papers that I cant really push off anymore...=(

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/3/15 11:23 AM

I wish I knew what to tell you- I go thru this all the time too. This yo-yo-ing makes me feel crazy. But I know I can get myself out of this funk by doing things that help me, and I just have to keep convincing myself to do them......

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/3/15 11:41 AM

I know that the cycle continues with me but like you put it the vacations are longer and the downs are not as intense for me I feel it's amazing progress a direct result of hard work and the effort I put in.

My goal is to continue going through the cycles but over time to have longer and longer vacations and less and and less intense downs...

Does a part of me still wish I didn't have to deal with any of this? ABSOLUTELY!!!
But I guess it's Hashem's plan for me at least for the foreseeable future...

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/6/15 7:02 AM

How is it going Channa????

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/6/15 11:21 PM

Thanks for asking. It means a lot.
Hows it going? Its not. I was feeling good and hopeful but spoke to my parents about my option that i chose and it made me feel horrible becuase they are understandably worried about my choice because they cant trust me given my track record... I just dont know what to do anymore... I cant deal with this . Or anything. I just wish I didnt have depression. Its too much for me to deal with.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/7/15 1:11 AM

I'm not sure what to say but I fully understand I'm sorry it's so hard

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/7/15 12:44 PM

Depression stinks. It hurts the person suffering and those around. I know it probably made my parents die early watching me suffer.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/7/15 6:33 PM

Mouse, they were taken when it was their time. Hashem has a plan for everyone and everything that is, is meant to be...

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/7/15 8:09 PM

True MoMo, but I can't help but think it. They were in great health and then after a few yrs of diagnoses I recieved, my parents both had gray hair and both had serious illnesses. Not a coincidence I think

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/7/15 8:48 PM

Mouse you didn't choose your diagnosis and correct me if I'm wrong you'd do anything to be healthy and strong you didn't ask for any of it. How can you be blamed it's like almost not fair!!!

Also Hashem decided who and for how long people live you wouldn't be able to change that...

But at the same time I definitely understand why you'd FEEL the way you do....
I just hope you realize it's just a feeling and not the reality -i know that's easier said than done...

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

7/16/15 8:04 PM

Channa, how are you doing?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/17/15 8:35 AM

Momo, perhaps I couldn't choose having a diagnosis, but I chose to be diagnosed. I chose to get help from someone. My parents didn't want me labeled -- ever. Even as a child when it was quite obvious to me I had a learning disability they chose not to get a "label." I know on some level that I probably didn't cause their death directly, but indirectly, I'm not so sure.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

7/17/15 3:48 PM

Im still kind of riding the wave, trying to figure things out and decide what is best or me. Im not so sure waht that is though. Thanks for asking Keep Climbing. Im sorry I ahvent been on lately but I just dont know how to reply to peopels posts anymore =(

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

8/2/15 7:32 PM

How are you doing, Channa?

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

8/9/15 8:45 AM

Hey, thanks for asking, it means a lot. Espessially since I havent had the time or mental energy to help you guys out lately, although I have been checking in ocasionaly, just I am in a too socially anxious place to help other people or offer support.
So Im B"H doing well ( or as well as could be expected, I guess) I finished my treatment program and am now moving on, doing what I hope will be best for me despite the guilt about my family. That obviously includes a lot of stress becuase Im moving and school and regular life stresses, but Im handling it becuase it will only feel overwhelming or a short time will I get my stuff together and then I will be able to focus on settling in. Until then, Im crazy busy! But busy can be good short term.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

8/9/15 8:26 PM

Wow! You sound great, Channa! Hope things go well for you!

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

8/10/15 1:23 AM

Channa we're rooting for you!!!!!!!

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 Previous ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.