Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Innate Health
Created On 6/25/15 11:08 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 11:08 AM

Anyone has any experience with it in regards to mental health?

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 12:36 PM

I don't sorry

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 1:32 PM

Thanks for responding.

Edited: 6/26/15 at 2:33 PM by wishtobehappy

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 4:00 PM
User is offline View users profile

Thats Rabbi Twerski's brothers program, right? Ive heard from someone once that it is great. I dont know this person or what they were struggling with, but they said it was great. They went to it after they came out of treatment and it really helped them. Thats all I know.
Why dont you ask Dr. Price what hes heard, if anything?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 4:32 PM

Never heard of it till now...will take a peak online tho

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 5:28 PM

Thanks Channa. Yeah, that's the one. I've also heard amazing things about it, but at this point am pretty wary, because I've tried so many things, and thought it might just be an old method that was repackaged and marketed under a new name.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/25/15 8:04 PM

I get ur warriness, I really do, but ask yourself this. What if this is the thing that will finally work? and if you dont try it you wil never know. And if it is something else "repackaged and marketed under a new name" does that mean that it for sure wont work? If theres a chance of it working, dont you think you owe it to yourelf to try it? Really, what do you have to loose by trying, other than some of ur mental health issues?

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/26/15 9:14 AM

Good point Channa. Guess I'll check it out some more.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/26/15 1:44 PM

I looked into it a bit there might be a downside here's what u found:

"Bonelle Strickling, a psychotherapist and Professor of Philosophy, is quoted in an article in the Vancouver Sun as objecting that "it makes it appear as if people can, through straightforward positive thinking, 'choose' to transcend their troubled upbringings and begin leading a contented life." She goes on to say that "it can be depressing for people to hear it's supposed to be that easy. It hasn't been my experience that people can simply choose not to be negatively influenced by their past." Referring to Banks's own experience, she says, "Most people are not blessed with such a life-changing experience.... When most people change, it usually happens in a much more gradual way."

"the institute reportedly was criticized (without attribution) as pushing "junk science," and Banks's philosophy was characterized (also without attribution) as "a kind of bastardized Buddhism" and "New Age."

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

6/26/15 1:54 PM

R' Michel Twersky backs this approach which to me carries some weight but I'm a skeptic by nature and to me it seems a bit too simplistic and pseudo science-y but then again people swear by the affects of acupuncture and expensive vitamins so hey you never know.....

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/26/15 2:32 PM

Thanks for doing the research Momo. From what I hear, professors and psychotherapists don't like it because it threatens all they stand for, but Strickling might have a point. I know some people with terrible backgrounds who've been through the rounds of therapy without results, and after trying this, they claim it turned their lives around completely. I really don't know what to believe. Personally I am a big believer in alternative medicine and I've seen results with unconventional approaches, but I'm tired of trying new approaches at this point. If it's something so powerful, though, it would be a pity to dismiss. So I'm kind of over the fence.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/28/15 8:47 AM

Doesn't sound too legit to me either; however, one thing to consider is whether it will cause harm if you try it. If it does, then skip it. If it doesn't and it doesn't work out, at least you tried. And if it works, well then come back and tell us!!!! Everyone is made up differently psycholigically speaking. Why did some people survive the Holocaust strong and some ddidn't????? Some of it is the extent of diifficulties experienced I'm sure, but also genetics play a role. So if you flunk out of this therapy, at least you knoow you tried. I dunno....sitting on the fence on this one.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

6/28/15 9:32 AM

You feel better if you try something, then if you just sit around feeling helpless. So, go or it, Wish!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/28/15 1:45 PM

Thanks for all your input folks. So my husband pretty much made the decision for me. He doesn't think it's for me, and doesn't want I should go for it. Can't really blame him because I've tried and dropped more things than I can count on my fingers. As the poor guy puts it: "I've been dancing at ten weddings simultaneously, and he's getting dizzy..."

Lately I've been making an effort to eat right, load up on nutrients a holistic doctor recommended, sleep well, exercise right (not too much not too little), and I've started to feel a lot better the last couple of days b"H. So for now, bye bye grisly bear, because a human being appeared... I hope I'm finally pulling through this particular stretch of misery.

If anyone decides to try out innate health, I'd love to hear feedback.

Edited: 6/28/15 at 1:59 PM by wishtobehappy

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/28/15 4:30 PM

Gald to hear your feeling better!! Welcome back to the human race!!

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/28/15 5:11 PM

Thanks.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 5:32 AM

LOL...welcome to the human race. Let's see who wins .

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 1:44 PM

Edited: 6/30/15 at 1:45 PM by wishtobehappy

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 1:45 PM

Thanks mouse. The race is still on ...

..and the human side better win.. my kids really don't deserve the growling they've be treated to...

Besides, fur and whiskers are really uncomfortable

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.