Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Still miss my old therapist
Created On 6/30/15 5:37 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 5:37 AM
User is offline View users profile

So my insurance company called me since I'm considered high risk. (Got classified that way since I"m 2x a wk at therapy.) In reality, I'm not so high risk. Just need more support right now since I'm switching therapists. I still miss my old therapist so much. I still have pangs of wanting to see her again. I told insurance company person what they did was DUMB. I saw previous person once a week. Now I see a therapist twice a wk. I could have saved them money if they let me see my previous therapist one a wk. I keep hoping they'll call back and say I'm right and that I can go back and that she agrees. I'm so sad right now. I thought i was over her, but I'm not . How long does it take to get "over" a previous therapist???? I saw her foor 14 yrs. !!!! Maybe it is time for change but dunno. I just miss her.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

keep climbing
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 7:35 AM

I would also be miserable to lose my t. Hope it works out for you!
How's your bar mmitzva stuff going?

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 7:39 AM

Still haven't started bar mitzvah prep. Maybe today....who knows??? miraclles happen.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 2:13 PM

Sorry about our therapist, mouse. 14 years is a long time, and I can't imagine what I'd do. It's really hard to be at the mercy of your insurance. Are you still in touch at least?

I saw my therapist/doctor for less than 3 years and still miss him immensely. And it had been my decision to stop - so at least I felt like the one in control. I decided to stop partially because of having reached my goals, partially due to the expense involved (not covered by insurance), and partially due to my concerns about it interfering with my marriage. But it was and is still hard. You're entitled to grieve for as long as you need to.

Hope you feel better.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 2:44 PM

Mouse its gonna take time till u get over it. Our residence manager left about a month and half ago. The first two weeks were hell. I almost landed in the hospital. I couldn't stop crying and was really depressed. I also thought I got over it already but I find myself having days where I start crying and miss her immensely. I am also wondering how long it'll take for me to get over it. But it does get better mouse...

Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

6/30/15 10:16 PM

Unfortunatley there is no "timeline" for grief, let alone the grief of stoping to see a therapist , espessially one that you were seeing for so long, but the good news is that it wont be this bad forever. I mean, it sseems like the feelings already have diminished from how it was originally, because as painful and sad as those pangs of missing her are, they are pangs, as oposed to feeling it all the time. And so we can only hope that the pangs will feel less intense gradually until it is more bearable for you. But until that happens, heres big ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) your way for how hard it is.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/1/15 1:01 AM

I can relate to missing someone in my life it's terrible but time really does heal...

Your grief is very very real. Therapy is an extremely intense relationship!

There is a good book I think it's called "in therapy" about this...

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

7/1/15 8:59 PM

Oy Mouse - so sorry.... It has been more than 4 years since losing my first long term therapist who knew every piece of my mind, and although I now have a good therapist who also gets me - I just can't let him in as deeply. I miss my old therapist almost every day. One thing that helped me was to just acknowledge that the relationship is not over as long as I continue the healing path and remember the things I was taught. It will always hurt though I will forever be changed by my interactions with him, and that tells me that the relationship still exists - it has just changed parameters.... Accepting that he will always be with me helped me.

I see(saw) my therapist - both the old and the current - twice a week. I am not badly at risk but am told that it is pretty normal for the diagnosis if you want to make progress. Also - when I have been in crisis - he has seen me 3 times a week.

Sitting with you.... I just try to keep moving forward even if a tiny bit. Or if I am being hit by waves of stressful circumstance - just holding steady in the same place IS Progress!

Edited: 7/1/15 at 9:02 PM by TBear

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/2/15 12:33 AM

Thank you everyone for your words of chizuk. I was beginning to think I was stalker material. I just lurk in the background. Haven't called her since we both decided to give up on the insurance company. Tbear, thanks for tellling me that for the diagnosis twicce a week is normal. I wondered. My llast therapist and i had it once a week and it was sufficient. But with this therapis, I don't think once a week willl work right now. II know I'lll probably get over it, but I worrry I won't ssincee I at one point had a therpisst who quit on me and I looked her up on the internet like crazy. (She has since died so I stopped looking.) I don't want a repeat of that scenario.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.