Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: The world is bleak
Created On 7/12/15 7:53 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

7/12/15 7:53 PM
User is offline View users profile

It seems to me everything in this world is just so bleak. If it shattered and fell apart it would be no worse. Problem is the next life (olam habah) looks just as bleak, thus deterring me for now from suicide. Nothing seems right. I'm so sad. At least in the past ending my life would bring me peace, but ow not even that seems a possibility since I do so many bad things.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

7/12/15 10:28 PM

I often feel this way, it's classical depression.
I wonder is the world indeed a dark place or do we merely experience it that way because of our hurt.
if it's the latter we can change how we experience the world through therapy, support groups, life changes, medication, etc etc.

Suicide is permanent solution to a temporary problem

Bottom

TBear
Senior Supporter

7/13/15 10:23 AM

So sorry you are in this dark place Mouse.....Wish there were something i could do to help.

Sending love and care - Just know you are heard and feelings do eventually pass over . I always see suicide as the escape when there is an overwhelm that i do not have the resources or support to handle. Maybe that is one reason you have been missing your parents - you need more support. Please reach out to someone near to you to help you through.

((( Mouse ))) holding you in my thoughts.

Davening for you,
TBear

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/16/15 10:58 AM

You know you're not a bad person. That's just depression talking. I'm sure you have a lot to look forward to, after all you've been through in this worlds. Hang in there. Hope you feel better soon.

Bottom

whatheheck
Junior Supporter

7/16/15 12:20 PM

Mouse, yisurim accomplish the same thing as Teshuva. In my good moments, I find I can thank Hashem for all the heartache I've been through as it surely took a load off my account. However, after you commit suicide you're dead (obviously ) and you can no longer fix that last sin with any kind of teshuva.

We all do bad things, and some of them we don't get punished for AT ALL because it was too much for us to handle - it's what we do afterwards that counts.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.