Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Feeling mean
Created On 8/3/15 6:15 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/3/15 6:15 PM
User is offline View users profile

Has anyone here ever felt they are a "meanie"??? Yesterday someone told me that someone I had as a teacher and disliked intensely had been promoted to a much better job. I'm so steamed over it. She made a BIG negative impresssion on me in my teen years. I was turned off of frumkeit for many years in part (not entirely) due to that person. Then I heard about someone I grew up with who was really an especially nice kid and he is having it rough with some of his kids. I couldn''t help but scream at the person telling me this, "WHY DID SHE HAVE TO GET AHEAD AND HE'S STILL A TEACHER???" I was so steamed for the rest of the day. The person telling me this DID say that the kid I grew up with is a treasured teacher in the school which made me feel better. But, really??? I guess only Hashem knows what is best for us, but it's painful to see mean ppl, get ahead. Even more painful to know that I MYSELF am a meanie for wishing ill on the woman involved. Dunno what to say.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

MoMo
Senior Supporter

8/4/15 8:39 PM

Many Poskim maintain that feeling angry is ok as long as you don't act on it. The feeling itself is ok I don't blame you for it....
There is a good reason for the anger as you yourself described!

I hope you'll feel great!

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/5/15 5:16 AM
User is offline View users profile

Thanks Momo....you actually made me feel a lot better. When I was a kid I was told anger is akin to not believing in Hashem. Because if you are angry at someone then you are denying htat Hashem has a master plan and that it will all work out. Never heard the flip side....Made me feel better.

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.