Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: WHERE ARE YOU FRUMTHERAPIST?
Created On 1/5/06 2:28 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

1/5/06 2:28 PM

Hello Frumtherapist,

When I asked you for help on behalf of someone else on this site, you said that the person herself must make the appeal for help before anything can happen.
Here you have a woman begging for help and NOT ONE RESPONSE FROM ANYONE other than
Dr. Lynn's advice?

I think it is sad that no one knows of any therapist that can give a few hours a week of his time on a chessed basis.

I really don't think it is unreasonable to expect when therapists charge $100-$150 an hour
or more.

I doubt that anyone on this site earns anything CLOSE to that - I know I don't.

Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/6/06 2:08 PM

my doc charges about $200-$300 an hour. i don't know how much that is in psychopharmacologist circles (he is a psych doc and a therapist), but i'm assuming it's a lot. my parents pay for it from a custodian account my parents created for me when they saw i was getting sick and a little before, mostly started from my grandfather's money, who died this year ah''s, so in that respect, i am b''h, very lucky. but it would be nice to save the money for other things.. hey, we all have challenges in life, and i guess sometimes when we're lucky, hashem makes it easier for us. i do feel really bad for people who can't afford therapists though, they are truly not among some of the luckier people in the mental health circles. i know if i didn't have the funds available for me, i would be as sunk as the titanic. so i guess i can say, hashem gives us what we can hande? (usually).

i feel bad for frumtherapist, though, aren't there some pro bono places available in the frum mental health community?

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/6/06 2:09 PM

sorry, phduh, i didn't ean frumtherapist, that came out wrong, sorry. i meant the woman ernie was talking about. sorry, duh

atara

Bottom

frumtherapist
Supporter

1/9/06 2:40 PM

Ernie- I'm sorry- I did not see your post.
I don't "owe" you a direct response, I know your frustrated and you care for someone in need. It so happens most therapists I know, including myself, are involved in pro bono work....
I would recommend that someone who needs help and cannot afford private pay should contact an agency- or try contacting RELIEF- they might be able to recommend a therapist who has offered pro bono hours...
Frumtherapist

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

1/10/06 7:26 AM

FrumTherapist-

No, you don't "owe" me anything. I was just lamenting the fact that no one made the statement you just did, that there are indeed therapists who do pro bono work.

It is frustrating to read about someone in dire circumstances and not be able to do anything about it. I suppose being the extremely sensitive person that I am contributes to this feeling.

I am glad you clarified my incorrect assumption and I apologize to you and all other therapists who do work for chessed.

Thank you, and tizkeh lemitzvos!

Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/12/06 10:09 PM

amen!

atara

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/12/06 10:15 PM

sorry-- i mean to say- ooooooiiiiiiiyyyymmmmmmaaaaaiiinn. ay ya yai, gshmackte gefiltefish. sorry, family joke. it's the way me and my brother make fun of very frum rabbayim-- i know, it's not nice-- but you've got to admit it's kind of funny! we have the ritual down to an art practically oiii oii, my brother actually made it up-- don't knowwghere tyhe gefilte fish or the geshmackte came from oh well my brother's quite the jokester and has a very funny silly verbally slapstick sense of humor-- kind of like, well, me! didn't mean to lighten the mood too much here, but it's not good too be too serious too much-- it gets you down and depressed! we should put some humor in here every once in a while to liven things up. come on now, really!
(even if we did start out on the very serious topic of pro bono work-- i know i know-- stop making light of stuff,i can't help it. i've been a clown since 6th grade, always trying to make people laugh or at least smile.)

atara

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Depression < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.