Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Anyone?
Created On 2/9/13 11:13 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

2/9/13 11:13 PM

I have a history of anorexia and it's very hard for me when I'm in social situations and people (especially women) talk about dieting and weight loss. It makes me sad because it reminds me of the time when I was depressed and depriving myself. Can anyone relate?

-------------------------
Let's just say G-d knew I had a sense of humor.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/26/13 5:15 PM
User is offline View users profile

I can relate, but not respond. Too hard.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

2/27/13 3:53 PM

ok, I will try to respond.

Not anorexic but not without my eating issues. I also find it hard when people discuss dieting and weightloss. I tend to get upset and depressed too because I think I'm not so skinny anymore and that I'm not as good as I used to be, not as worthwhile, not as clean etc.... I find it hard to listen because I want to go to my old ways and do crazy things to lose weight. I do remind myself that it's just a number. That it is more important to be healthy (which I'm not right now, but oh well) and more important to be happy than to be a size 2 or whatever size "it" is. I think these people who discuss weight loss or dieting in front of me are either dumb (since they know I struggle with eating issues) or self-centered. (After all, why do I care about THEIR weight. DUMB!!!!) Therefore, in social situations, I hear those dumb or rude words, I just walk away. Why indulge in stupidities?

I tried to keep my words as non-mean as possible. I hope I succeeded, since I really just want to spout off curse words at idiots that are so superficial.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Edited: 2/27/13 at 3:54 PM by mouse

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

3/4/13 2:43 PM

Now I regret writing....as usual no response

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

3/24/13 3:06 PM

Regret writing? I love reading what you write Munkstur! You have a lot to add!
and, yeah, well you know that this place gets dead sometimes and no one replies to anything for MONTHS!!!
plus- i TOTALY AGREE WITH YOU and totaly identify but i dont have the courage to walk away. Eithier way- people dont respond cuz no one looks in thE ED threads and people mostly only reply if it gives them some emotion. You are stating a true fact not making anyone feel anything so no one is responding. If you got someone upset, hey, youd hear about it.
Am i making thisngs worse? am i even making sence?

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

3/24/13 6:31 PM

i agree. im sorry i didnt respond before, i didnt mean to make you feel ignored.

my doc told me the same- that most important is that im healthy.
i love that you just walk away. youve got guts and i envy that!

there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

5/1/13 2:48 PM

thanks guys .

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mental Health > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.