Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: NOT ANEREXIC
Created On 3/4/07 3:03 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/4/07 3:03 PM

hi i dont really know how to put this but people especially my parents keepon calling me anerexic but im so not just because i barley eat once a day and am discuseded by food b/c anerexia is the fear of gaining wait not starving yourselff i think and i just ained 5 pounds in the hospital and i diddnt have a panic atak can you please help me prove im not anerexic b4 they bring me somewhere for eating disorders
Avigayil

Bottom

su7kids
Senior Supporter

3/4/07 3:09 PM
User is offline View users profile

Eating once a day is NOT enough. That may well be an eating disorder in itself. Being disgusted by food is also an eating disorder. The average person eats 3 meals a day and enjoys food. Not every eating disorder is "anorexia".

Maybe you can discuss it with the person they take you to. You are very blessed to have parents who care so much about you. You have a lot to be grateful for. Work with them, and a lot of your "stuff" maybe can be helped.

I think you do want the help, but you sound like you want to be in control of the situation. So, go to the therapist, and talk it over with that person, and see what is really going on.

maybe a lot of this stuff is covering up something that is really deep down and going on there, so you do all these other things.

I think you can do it. It sounds like you're reaching out for help, by posting on the boards, and I think you can do it. I believe you can.

-------------------------
Proud Mom of 7, MIL to 3, Grandmom of 4!

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/4/07 5:12 PM

that certiantly wasnt the feedback i was expecting but i no im not anerexic b/c ive been to lots of doctors and not one of them said i was anerexic also im not skinny enough to be anerexic i weigh like 11133 tonz and i do eat sometimz so whats the problem with that and no i do not want the help im just trying to prove im not anerexic i dont mind losing some weight sometimes and its also nto anerexia b/c i have ocd and thats a quarterof the reason i dont eat

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/5/07 11:45 AM

some people don't eat just because they get depress and lose their appetite.
there are other reasons also why pple will not eat other than the fear of gaining weight.
it still isn't healthy. not eating for any reason can kill you over time (after a loss of enough weight). so you might not be anorexic, but it still isn't healthy and can be just as deadly. not eating is not eating no matter what the reasoning in your head is behind it.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/5/07 7:08 PM

do you really think i care if i die ??????????????? i spend my days crying or being depressed because i cant cut any more even though i do but not enough or because i cant kill myself because im on eye contact exept for now but my parents check on me every 3 minits i cant wait to turn 120 so that i could just die already and not have to deal with life as selfish as suicide is and i want to loose the wait sooooooooooooo badly its not even funny

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/6/07 1:54 PM

i never said you cared if you died. i honestly didnt think you did from the way you've been talking. i was just saying that people can die if they dont eat no matter what the reason is behind it. so your family and friends and doctors have reason to be worried about your lack of eating no matter what's causing it. i'm not saying that you care or don't care. i'm not even trying to convince you to care or not care. because being in the situation i'm in i know that even if i did TRY to convince you to care it wouldnt make you care so there's no point.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/6/07 5:32 PM

and i want to loose the wait sooooooooooooo badly its not even funny

did you mean you want to lose weight ?

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/6/07 6:51 PM

kly of course i want to loose wait thats like half the reason im "starving " myself the other half is b/c my ocd or anxiaty so i only eat at nights at home b/c i CANT throw up dont ask
Avigayil

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/6/07 7:59 PM

oh ok.

they're obviously just scared that you're going to die on them. they want to stop you from becoming too underweight before it happens. whether you have "anorexia" or not, that's still plenty reason enough to put you in an eating disorder clinic.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/7/07 5:44 PM

iguess yourright not that i agree

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/9/07 11:39 AM

Originally posted by: avious101
iguess yourright not that i agree

hehe i didnt expect you to agree i deff wouldn't agree.

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

3/11/07 3:59 PM

well you never know with me

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.