Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Any support groups for frum girls in Monsey?
Created On 11/23/07 8:53 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

judy3
Junior Supporter

11/23/07 8:53 AM

I would like to find a frum support group for a 20 year old girl in Monsey suffering from anorexia, also she is currently going to Brooklyn for therapy , if you know of any good therapists out here in Monsey I would greatly appreciate knowing about them.

Bottom

bubbs96
Supporter

11/23/07 12:52 PM

I know someone who is trying to organize a frum support group (she has 4 people needs 1-3 more before it can start)...dont know that it would be in monsey, more likely NYC, but private message me if you like and i will give you/her my email and get you more info...

as for therapy, has she considered renfrew? they have a site in ridgewood, nj that is closer to monsey by car than brooklyn

also, if she wants to talk, i can give her my contact info....

-------------------------
"Recovery is a process, not an event."
Even when it doesn't look like it, I am trying, and I'm doing my best in the moment.

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

2/14/08 1:44 PM

Are there any support groups in Ny?
I might be interested

Bottom

bubbs96
Supporter

2/14/08 4:25 PM

do you mean the city? are you looking specifically for something frum? there is a frum support group that is supposed to be starting (or maybe it has just started)....it never happened for me, but I think I still have the contact info....

if you're not looking for frum only, i also know of lots of websites and ideas for that, too.....there are tons of groups out there!

-------------------------
"Recovery is a process, not an event."
Even when it doesn't look like it, I am trying, and I'm doing my best in the moment.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.