Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Happening again
Created On 8/11/08 12:11 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

rainbow
Supporter

8/11/08 12:11 PM
User is offline View users profile

I am so upset. I have passed the stage where I was dangerously underweight, and I started to look a little better. My face was not gaunt, I looked 'normal'. But I have become very deppressed again, and even if it is not showing on the scale (at home), I am starting to look terrible again. I am eating very little. I have no strength. No one knows about this, only me. I have a different therapist, so she doesn't know what I usually look like, I haven't seen my P-Dr. for a while. My husband is the only one who knows, but he has given up on helping me. He just tries to be supportive, but I still feel so alone in this.

Maybe my next sentence may seem weird, but this is it. I think that I am doing this on purpose to get someone to realize that I am alive. Of course when I am actually not eating I don't think this. I just don't eat because I feel sick from thinking about food. Also, I am so deppressed that I feel like I am choking. But I am afraid that subconciously I am just doing it to myself. Does this make any sense?

I really don't have anyone to talk to about it. I am afraid to tell my p-Dr. I am a 'normal' person to the outside world. How can things be so different in reality? Part of the problem is always putting on a front, a mask. Sometimes I wonder who I really am....

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

8/11/08 1:40 PM

of course. that makes tons of sense, if i'm understanding you correctly. are you trying to get someone in particular to realize you're alive or just people in general?
are you interested in getting help? or just having people to talk to?

Bottom

rainbow
Supporter

8/12/08 10:31 AM
User is offline View users profile

KLY, I am not looking for anyones 'attention'. (gave up on that already) But I am upset that my close family does not realize that something is going on.

It is so obvious that I have lost a lot of weight, yet none of them say anything. Even when I ended up in the hospital (a few months ago ) none of them said a thing. It is a vicious cycle. I become depressed, lose weight, become more depressed that no one cares, and so it goes on and on.

Bottom

Holding on
Senior Supporter

8/17/08 11:03 PM

Rainbow, I understand.

Bottom

fighter88
Supporter

9/8/08 10:21 PM

rainbow, how are u doing?
i understand what u mean about wanting to notice u, but u do realize ur the only 1 that ends up suffering? but i know theres a million components to why someone has an ed in the first place...

-------------------------
"I breathe, therefore I Hope."

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.