Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Inpatient programs
Created On 11/16/08 12:34 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

torah momma
Supporter

11/16/08 12:34 AM

My daughter is bulimic and is being referred to Cornell - Westchesters in-patient adolescent eating disorder unit. is there anyone out there who knows about the program. She is currently in Schneider's Children's Hospital day program. Does anyone know of any other programs in the New York area.

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

11/16/08 1:22 AM

I don't think there are any other in-patient programs in the New York area. Cornell is not bad but not that great either.
Any specific questions about it?

Also, the Renfrew Center in Manhattan is much better than the LIJ program.

Good Luck!

Bottom

bubbs96
Supporter

11/17/08 10:41 AM

Columbia Pres. has an inpatient program, but its research based, so she'd have to meet specific criteria to get in.

Princeton Hospital (in NJ) also has an inpt program that is supposed to be very good.

If she can go partial (day program), i've been at renfrew for 3 years, i can answer any questiosn about their program. Their inpatient facitlities are in philadelphia and Fl.

There's also a place called Somerset which I think is nearby (Jersey maybe???)

good luck, feel free to ask any questions

-------------------------
"Recovery is a process, not an event."
Even when it doesn't look like it, I am trying, and I'm doing my best in the moment.

Bottom

torah momma
Supporter

11/21/08 4:14 PM

Its literally in the 18 minutes before shabbos, but thanks for your response. my daughter will be starting Renfrew's inpatient program in Philadelphia this Monday. thank you.

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

11/23/08 9:59 PM

Renfrew is a great place! I'm happy she's going there at the end.

By the way, I have lots of experiences with therapists in New York so if you need any information or anything let me know.
You have to be really careful. There are great ones out there and then there are those who can really mess you up.

Bottom

Holding on
Senior Supporter

11/23/08 11:02 PM

Hatzlacha Rabbah!

Bottom

torah momma
Supporter

11/24/08 9:39 PM

My daughter started Renfrew today. When we left I could see that she was nervous, but for the first time since we have been dealing with this illness, she finally seemed motivated to really want to beat this. Thanks for everyone's good advise and good wishes.

Bottom

torah momma
Supporter

12/24/08 10:13 PM

My daughter just got out of REnfrew and is doing the day program in Manhattan. Do you have any suggestions for therapists. If they are in Brooklyn it would be even better. Thanks so much.

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

1/4/09 10:58 AM
User is offline View users profile

I heard that Magen Avraham suggests Princeton University Medical Center http://www.princetonhcs.org/page4773.aspx, though I don't know anything about it.

Aba

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Edited: 1/4/09 at 1:08 PM by Aba

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.