Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Pediatrician
Created On 12/21/08 12:53 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

torah momma
Supporter

12/21/08 12:53 AM

My daughter is bulemic and receiving treatment in a day program in manhattan. I would like to switch pediatricians for her as our current one appears to be pretty clueless about the disorder. Does anyone have any suggestions of someone good in Brooklyn. My daughter is 15; she might feel more comfortable with a woman. Please advise.

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

12/22/08 11:29 PM

Most pediatricians are clueless. I don't know any who are eating disorder savy.

Did your daughter have a doc at shneiders?

Bottom

torah momma
Supporter

12/23/08 6:01 AM

My daughter did have a Doctor at Schneiders, but now we are part of a different eating disorder program called, Renfew and so we need to find a different physician. They were not really able to recommend someone to me who either accepted my insurance or who was convenient to get to.

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

12/23/08 7:04 PM

When I was at renfrew, I still saw my doctor at lij.

(They have a brooklyn branch... But the docs don't come in very often... )
If you need more info, just ask.

Bottom

torah momma
Supporter

12/24/08 10:02 PM

Which doctor did you see. Was it Doctor Fisher. Also did you see a therapist in Brooklyn that you would recommend. How by the way are you doing? Any other suggestions?

Bottom

Fragile
Supporter

12/24/08 10:51 PM

I don't feel comfortable writing all this info on the public board...
I'm scared my parents will read it... But I'll definitely send you a private message.
And for anyone else out there who needs any info at all, feel free to pm me...

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.