Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Binge Eating
Created On 11/4/09 8:49 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Leah Anderson
Supporter

11/4/09 8:49 PM

Can anyone suggest ways to prevent an attack of binge eating, something that worked for them? Any way that helps to stop eating would be appreciated.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

11/4/09 10:00 PM

JOURNAL!!!!!!

Seriously I used to think journaling was so stupid.
After leaving treatment recently I started binging again and was so scared it would never stop. I took out my journal (something I'd started in treatment) and just wrote. Wrote how I was feeling (the HELL of being in a binge)- what had led to the binge- what I had binged on- why I had binged- what was my motivation to stop- what would I do next time differently so this would not occur again, etc.
I kept writing over and over motivating things to myself. If you look at my journal it is not all "I hate myself I'm a pig" (though some is) but also self-motivational. I wrote lists of things to do to keep busy. I wrote on and on about just how awful being mid-binge is.

Distraction is so key. Keep busy. Keep alert. Distractions and keeping busy help me a lot. Also planning out meals and making sure not to skip meals. Normal eating is very important when trying to keep from binging.

But journaling really was and is the most useful thing I've found. It keeps you busy for a bit. It lets you vent. It lets you motivate yourself why it's so not worth it to binge and to figure out why you want to binge in the first place.

OK at this point I really just think I'm repeating myself so I'll end here, but if you want to discuss this more or anything else just let me know
And if you need someone to just like talk to about all this I'm here.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

11/4/09 10:02 PM

(oh yeah and with the whole journaling.... when I feel the urge to binge again I go back sometimes and read what I wrote while I was mid-binge or right after a binge and that helps to remind me why I can't go back there... because that little voice that says but just this once and it'll feel so good starts to pop in my head, but re-reading such powerful stuff I wrote about how horrible it is and how that voice saying it'll make me feel better to binge is very not true and such a lie really helps remind me.

Bottom

Leah Anderson
Supporter

11/5/09 6:20 AM

excellent advice! Thank you!

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

11/5/09 10:23 AM
User is offline View users profile

Leah,
Good luck.
KLY,
Your advice sounds very powerful I hope it helps people.

Kol Tuv,
Aba

-------------------------
"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.