Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: eating out of control
Created On 12/9/09 3:56 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

toy123
Senior Supporter

12/9/09 3:56 PM

My eating has really gotten out of control. I'm binging a lot. I think I'm using it as a method to stuff my feelings down and not cope with it.
Any ideas of how to handle it.
I'm embarrassed to tell my therapist about it cuz its really out of control.
Should I just overcome the embarrassment and discuss it with my therapist and how do i overcome the embarrassment?

-------------------------
Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/9/09 4:46 PM

Talk to your therapist about it! I know how embarrassing it is! I forced myself to talk about it with my therapist and my nutritionist and I was so relieved when I did. It gets easier and less embarrassing. I'm so happy I did it because it REALLY helped to have someone to talk to about it. Binging is so embarrassing but seriously we all know we aren't the only ones who've done it and if you have a decent therapist she/he's heard it all before.
I'm not really sure if you can "overcome" the embarrassment, you prob just have to talk about it despite being embarrassed. But once you start talking about it it should get easier!

I found overcoming binging really hard and it wasn't really until I started talking about it with people that I was actually able to get some control over it. (it's easier when you have someone to hold you accountable for it- so being honest is really helpful).

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

12/10/09 7:29 AM

Thanks killed last year for the encouragement. I have my therapy appointment today and will really try to discuss it. I'll see what happens.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

12/10/09 10:48 AM
User is offline View users profile

Good Luck and Kol Tuv.

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Edited: 12/10/09 at 10:49 AM by Aba

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/11/09 3:38 PM

Not to be nosy or anything... but were you able to bring it up?

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

12/11/09 3:43 PM

I mentioned it but also had a couple of other things so couldn't focus on that. But I really wanna bring it up next session cuz it's ridiculous... Thanx for asking though.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 2:11 PM

Just because you couldn't focus in on it on the past session doesn't mean you can't this coming session. Go for it.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/13/09 6:20 PM

I agree and encourage you to bring it up again next session and stress that it's something you really want to talk about.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

12/26/09 10:11 PM

just binged and i feel horrible now. uggggghhhhhhh!!!!!
wish i could turn back time............

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

12/27/09 8:19 AM

Instead of turning back time, maybe we can rise above time, and bring that energy into the present and the future.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

12/27/09 8:49 PM

did you ever bring it up again with your therapist?

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

12/28/09 12:30 AM

yea not in detail, though he made me start my food log again and every now and then we go it over.

my therapist wants me to join oa and i'm fine with that but something is stopping me don't know what.

I also think a nutritionist might be helpful but i don't have the money for both therapy and nutritionist

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

12/28/09 6:42 PM

Toy -
You're right, a nutritionist would be very helpful. But boy, do I know the feeling of knowing something would be good for me, but not having the money to pull it through. It's a really, really tough situation.
If you can scrounge up some money, though (even for just a few sessions), a nutritionist really, really is worth it. I just started (and hadn't started earlier due to monetary reasons as well) - and it's making all the difference in my process of recovery.
But I totally empathize... It's like - what do I pray for? To get better? To find the right person to help me get better? To have the money to go to that person? It's really hard. I hope you manage to get the help you need - you deserve it; you're trying so hard.

I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/4/10 10:12 PM

Okay, so i gathered the courage and asked my therapist for referrals to a nutritionist. He said he'll have them ready for next session which is Thursday. Now i'm gonna have to work on getting my parents to agree to help me pay. (I tried one from my insurance and it didn't work out, and also I don't want to go to just anyone.....)

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/5/10 11:18 AM

Good! I hope you get some good referrals, and I hope, hope, hope your parents help you pay....
Keep us posted!

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/6/10 7:08 PM

yay! nutritionists can help loooooooooads. hope you're able to find someone good!

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/7/10 11:10 PM

I'm really frustrated with myself today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had such a horrible day foodwise. I binged a couple of times today and I feel horrible about it, and I'm really disgusted with myself

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/8/10 11:22 AM

I'm so sorry. That must feel really horrible.

I hope you do better today. Try to look at today as something completely separate from yesterday. When you're eating today, try not to keep yesterday in mind. Today is a new day; a fresh start... Gosh, look who's talking!

Seriously, I hope you have a much better day today, and I hope that overnight some of the grossness (is that a word?) wore off.

Good luck!

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/8/10 2:49 PM

Well today is no better, I just keep on having binge episodes It's not fair. Why can't I control myself????????????????????? I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But on a positive note my therapist called me today with a name of a nutritionist that he thinks will be good for me and I made an appointment for next week thursday. I really hope it's gonna work out. I'll update you guys on how it goes.

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

1/9/10 8:42 PM

toy- i can totaly identify with not being able to control my eating, its like my mouth is magnetic and it atracts anything with fat..

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/17/10 2:39 PM

Toy - did you have your appt yet? How did it go?

Just wondering - and hoping things are going okay...

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/17/10 3:15 PM

I had my appt on thursday. It went very well she explained a couple of things to me. But we didn't get to planning out meals yet. She said she'll do that with me next session. I really hope it's gonna work.......
I'm doing okay but wish I could be doing better. Thanx for asking D&O

Bottom

Aba
Senior Supporter

1/21/10 3:13 PM

Great I hope it helps.
Kol Tuv.

"Success is peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to do your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming." - Coach John Wooden

Bottom

racheli88
Junior Supporter

1/25/10 11:33 PM

i dont know how to stop binging i either starve myself or i binge so outa control either way it sucks and i hate myself for it but i do not know how to eat normally i just don't know how its horrible

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

2/10/10 10:19 PM

Just had a really bad binge and to make matters worse I'm gonna have to give up my nutritionist for the time being cuz of financial reasons what am I gonna do???????? This sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

2/11/10 8:08 PM

((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))!!!
can you talk to her about it and maybe shell reduce the rate or somthing? their must be some organization that helps with that type of stuff
good luck and hang in tight!

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

2/11/10 10:22 PM

(((((((((hugs))))))))))) from me too, toy.

Is there really no way at all to make it work out to continue with your nutritionist? That really sucks...

I hope, hope, hope somebody can do something about it. Maybe you could get some financial help from somewhere...

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

2/14/10 11:30 AM

Toy, how's it going? Have you managed to figure anything out as far as your nutritionist is concerned? I really hope so... Let us know how you're doing.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

2/14/10 2:57 PM

Thanx D&O for asking....

Right now I just told her that I can't come next session, to buy myself time to see what to do. i want to discuss it with my therapist as well and see what he advises. Hopefully something will come up. I really hope I'll be able to continue seeing her......

Channa I don't think she would be willing to lower her price and besides I can't see myself asking her.......

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

2/14/10 8:37 PM

Someone just asked me an innocent question (had to do with weight) and it really hurt me
Yea she didn't mean anything and it was really innocent but it really hurt me and I'm so bothered by this comment/question. To top it all off I was upset already at myself cuz of lunch!!!!!! It's so unfair. Why do these things always have to happen to me?!?!?!?!?!

Edited: 2/14/10 at 8:39 PM by toy123

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

2/14/10 9:37 PM

((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

That must have really hurt.
I hope you feel better soon.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.