Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Conversation with Ed
Created On 1/3/10 1:34 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/3/10 1:34 PM

This is my current conversation with Ed (my eating disorder voice):
Ed: You cannot eat lunch.
D&O: Why are you tormenting me like this? I just promised someone that I would eat lunch today. Why can't you let me?!
Ed: Don't you know that you'll get fat if you eat according to your meal plan?
D&O: I know, but.... I have to eat.
Ed: So why don't you compromise? Just eat a banana and yogurt, and don't eat anything else until supper. That way you're kind of listening to her.
D&O: That's not called listening to her. I told her I'll eat according to my meal plan.
Ed: Fine, go ahead and eat. But I'm just reminding you: YOU'LL GET FAT!
D&O: You are so confusing. I don't know who to listen to. If I listen to you, I'll be lying. But if I listen to her, I'll get fat!

What do I do? For the meantime, I'm doing nothing - not eating anything. I need some help.

-------------------------
I want to love my life. My desire is what counts.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/3/10 2:55 PM

sounds like someone's been reading some jenni shafer books.... :-p

I just had lunch. I had yogurt and I had a banana at breakfast this morning. mmmm yummy.

How bout you have the banana and yogurt AND other stuff. That way you'll follow your meal plan but you'll also be having some foods that your eating disorder feels are more safe, so you won't get too much out of your comfort zone?

and you wont get fat!!!! you'll end up eating more calories if you restrict to just eating the banana and yogurt, getting hungry later... and binging.

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/3/10 6:40 PM

Yup, I've been rereading life without ed.

you were so right. i skipped lunch, then ate a banana and yogurt at 430, then ate some other stuff that i didnt want to eat. but i did speak to some ppl for support, and i've made some commitments for tomorrow...

one thing i know is not to push off the decision anymore. that was ed, not me.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/4/10 7:38 PM

yeah I've found alot of times the anxiety just grows the longer you push it off.
which I knew would happen with dinner tonight. So I just had the eat it and get it out of the way kind of attitude. Duh, easier said then done. but still...

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/4/10 10:04 PM

I was much better today. I also had that kind of "just do it" attitude today - push away all the thoughts....(as much as possible, obviously). But whatever it was, I did cope much better than yesterday.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/6/10 7:08 PM

that's good how was today?

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/6/10 8:26 PM

Thanks for asking.

Today was also pretty good. I just have to NOT go on the scale tomorrow, because then I'll be really depressed - I know I've put on in the past couple of days since I've been eating more according to my meal plan (and purging less...)

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/9/10 9:23 PM

I think I've said this before but... scales are evil.

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/9/10 11:06 PM

I know scales are evil...and I know scales are evil...and again, I know scales are evil, BUT....

I still went on it. And saw how much I weighed. And stopped keeping to my meal plan. And purged more. And right now, really feel like going out and buying some laxatives - even though I haven't used them in two weeks (and threw out my supply last week).

So, yeah - scales are evil. But for some reason, I insist on going on one. Maybe because I think that one day, somehow, I'll see my magic number again - even though I've gained some weight.

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/11/10 9:53 PM

For the past two days, Ed's been giving me monologues - and I just can't come up with anything to answer.

I can't. It's too hard to fight. This sickness is much stronger than me. Right now, I just feel like sinking deeper and deeper into it. I've completely lost whatever commitment I may have had. It just feels so much better this way. I feel so... in control. Powerful. Like I've achieved something.
I don't want to work on making myself better. I just want to stay right where I am. And lose weight.

So don't ask me why I'm writing this. This is a place for support for getting better - nobody is going to support me in getting worse. But I guess I wrote it for some reason...

Thanks for hearing me out.

Bottom

toy123
Senior Supporter

1/12/10 8:25 AM

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I totally understand how you feel. It's much easier to give in than work hard and that feeling of control is really strong. I hope things get better quick. Try to stay strong (look who's talking...)

Sometimes you need to run away just to see who will follow you.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight and say "I know you are not".

Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean I'm happy.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/12/10 12:44 PM

My guess is you're writing it cuz you feel the need to tell someone-anyone but you cant exactly go to your husband and family and blab all that to them?

My suggestion- keep up with the nutritionist even if you aren't feeling it today, you might feel it tomorrow. I feel like we're giving each other similar advice :-p (which relates to what "toy" said about "look who's talking" :-p)

Bottom

downandout
Senior Supporter

1/12/10 2:13 PM

Toy and KLY - thanks for your sympathy and understanding.

Unfortunately, today is so far not much better. But I did set up a phone therapy session for tonight (my therapist is quite far away from me), so maybe that'll help get me back on track, despite my lack of interest in that.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

1/17/10 11:06 AM

good for you for making efforts like that though! the more efforts you try the less you'll slip and the less you slip now the easier it'll be to climb back up when you do start "feeling it" (recovery)- because I dooooo believe you'll start wanting it again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.