Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Pesach and ED's
Created On 3/24/10 11:05 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/24/10 11:05 AM

I have just realized something HUGE!!
It is going to be so easy for me to starve myself over this Pesach because I don't like any of the Pesach food anyway. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I think in my warped mind it is a good thing but to anyone else it would seem not normal that I am looking forward to this. Sad but true

Bottom

fighter88
Supporter

3/24/10 11:58 PM

for me, its the same. but do we really gain in the long run?

-------------------------
"I breathe, therefore I Hope."

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/25/10 9:10 AM

Probably not but (in my mind atleast) it's the thought that counts.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

3/28/10 1:06 PM

yeah this pessach is going to be the weirdest since i'm in an ED treatment center.
my parents have come in and we'll do the sedars in a hotel suite.
then i'll be going back during the day for the day programing.
Besides for the sedars I'll be eating all lunch, dinners, and most of my snacks at a treatment center that isn't even kosher (so forget about kosher for passover).

It's going to be the oddest strangest feeling.

i remember having so much fun last pesach with my eating disorder though. i was actually sad when it was over.

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

3/28/10 2:02 PM

Wow, killedlastyear. That's intense!! I hope it goes ok even though I'm sure you're expecting the worst (like me).
Good luck and let us know after how it went, please!!!

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

4/4/10 11:49 AM

I thought Pesach would be so much easier for me in terms of food. I thought that I wouldn't eat too much since there really isn't anything to eat but I'm finding myself eating everything in sight which happens to be mostly cheese products and fruit. Fruit I know can't be that terrible but it can't be great either, cheese products is awful and will make me gain a sick amount of weight. I thought this Pesach I'd lose a lot of weight but I don't think I lost any I don't even have the strength in me to starve anymore. It's pathetic

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/4/10 2:55 PM
User is offline View users profile

oy, ill be thinking of you
)))))))))))HUGS(((((((((((((((

Bottom

yanky
Supporter

4/4/10 4:08 PM

Hugs,

Are you getting any treatment for your ED? I'm sure you really don't want to end up in a hospital with a feeding tube down your throat.....

I know how hard it is......I'm a guy and I have been through an ED myself. Right now I am at a weight that my doc is okay with, but it is only because
he threatens to put me in a hospital if I lose too much weight again.

I wish you a refuah shelayma and I hope you can enjoy the rest of Yom Tov.

Bottom

yanky
Supporter

4/4/10 4:10 PM

Killedlastyear,

How are you doing at the ED place?

I hope it is not too hard on you and I wish you a refuah shelayma.

Yanky

Bottom

channafofanna
Senior Supporter

4/4/10 5:35 PM
User is offline View users profile

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
ice cream and kugels and cakes and pies and cookies and chicken and potatoes and matzahall sorts of other stuff
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
and it dosent even taste good- why do i have to eat a cake made out potatoes- its not like anything tastes good or im hungry!!!!!
Is it only me who feels like on pesach, im always hungry( more than ususal)? and not strong enough to not eat?
Seriously, all jews do is eat sleep and daven (myself included) but why does eat come first? why cant it be drink sleep and daven (i mean for the girls, the bochrim already have that...) "MI KAMCHA YISROEL"- what other nation stays up all night eating cardboard and drinking grapejuiced-downed wine? and dont forget the contests to see who can stand more maror? (i always loose- gladly!)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.