Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: nutritionist
Created On 6/28/11 6:23 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

depressed
Supporter

6/28/11 6:23 PM

Great news-I finally went to a nutritionist and I'm sooo happy! I love her-she's so nice! She said she once had an ED and she really truely understands it! I finally feel like I'm starting the road to recovery! My question...how does it work? how often do you need to see them? are they supposed to be therapist-like? the person i went to was almost like a therapist! r they supposed to be in contact with your therapist? will she weigh me every time? and does the price drop after the first consultation? she was rly expensive for the first time (maybe others are more but i felt so guilty going cuz of the money)

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/30/11 7:59 AM

wow, all of your questions really depend on the nutritionist and the patient. I go to my nutritionist once a week. At times it was twice a week, other times (and hopefully again soon) it was every other week. Some go only once a month.
The consultation fee may is sometimes higher then the usual rate, did you not discuss how much each session will cost? Sometimes there are different lengths of sessions, a shorter one would be cheaper obviously. You should call and find out about pricing. You really should ask all of these questions actually, they're good questions that only she could really answer- don't be shy, call her up!

my nutritionist is in contact with my therapist, you just need to sign a paper saying that they can contact each other (are you over 18? if not maybe your parents will have to sign for you). Mine weighs me every time, but some don't. Some tell the patient how much they weigh, some don't. Sorry, I haven't been on here much lately so I don't really know much about you.

You sound really happy and enthusiastic about it which is good keep up the motivation!!!!! hope things continue to go well!!!!

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

6/30/11 1:51 PM

Yeah the day I went to the nutritionist-the day I posted this-I was in seventh heaven. Now the excitement dropped cuz i got a few weight loss speeches and it made me nuts but I'm going again on Tues. I guess I'll ask her...don't like asking bout the money though....sorta uncomfortable...whatever thanx anyways!

Bottom

hugs
Senior Supporter

6/30/11 8:57 PM

Gluck! I went to a nutritionist. She was I think 300 for first appt which was an hr and a half possibly then after that she was 75 for 15 min!!! It was insane how expensive she was especially since it was all sooo hard for me to follow and she couldn't understand that. Now I go to a nutritionist, 150 for initial consult which I don't remember how long it was and now 30 for 15 min. Much much cheaper but I still don't feel like it's helping too much. I can't seem to keep to the diet she gave me (pigging out) so I'm just going to stop it for now
But don't worry about speaking to her about it cuz she's used to being asked that q. Every person that comes to her asks the same thing!!

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

7/1/11 12:28 AM

ya its okay i'll stick w/ her even if expensive cuz it took a long time to find s/1 good!

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.