Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Everyone bothering me...
Created On 7/7/11 3:00 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

depressed
Supporter

7/7/11 3:00 PM

Anyone finds that when EVERYONE!!!!! bothers you, you starve yourself more? I feel like everyone wants me to get fat and I don't want to give into that so I'm trying to trigger myself all over again with photos of models and looking how skinny they are and do they really eat xyz and then I won't. Am I crazy? Anyone know what I'm talking about?
and also how long does it take to recover (estimate)?

Edited: 7/7/11 at 3:45 PM by depressed

Bottom

MagicBox
Supporter

7/13/11 2:50 PM

Although not under the same situation of starving yourself more - i do understand. i once heard a comment apparently made, "if one more person would've tried to help me, i wouldn't have been able to overcome.." whatever the exact words - the point is the same..

Bottom

depressed
Supporter

7/13/11 6:29 PM

phew! at least I'm not crazy about that

Bottom

MagicBox
Supporter

7/17/11 8:45 AM

Normally you can know that whatever you are feeling - there is FOR SURE - others, somehow, somewhere, in a similar sort of situation / feels the same. It's not always so easy to know that but it's just a thought! Esp. for the feelings of "am i crazy"!?!
How long does it take to recover? I wish i knew

Bottom

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

11/27/11 11:07 PM

I totally know how you feel! Like you want people to give you the space to be your own person and do what you want. But I think it'sreally important to find that one person at least who really gets it, understands how frustrating it is for you. Someone who can validate your feelings. Maybe on this site, maybe a therapist...

-------------------------
Let's just say G-d knew I had a sense of humor.

Bottom

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

11/27/11 11:58 PM

Average of 4-7 years to recover from an eating disorder. Then again, it's a spectrum, and it depends on the person and treatment they receive...I think once you reach a point where you want to get better for you (not because of anyone else nagging you), that's when you start to recover.
Remember though- it's totally normal to have ups and downs even during/after recovery.

-------------------------
Let's just say G-d knew I had a sense of humor.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.