Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Eating 2 much
Created On 8/2/12 1:08 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

girlie19
Supporter

8/2/12 1:08 AM

Any suggestions of what I can do to keep myself from binging when I'm depressed. When I'm feeling low and empty I can eat without realizing just how much I'm eating. This had to stop and I don't know how to stop myself. I try distracting myself but somehow I find myself back in the kitchen and binging again.

-------------------------
Be who u really want to be because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

8/2/12 11:32 AM

I can relate. I struggle with overeating all the time. Its eating to fill an emotional need.

there is light at the end of the tunnel

Bottom

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

8/2/12 10:45 PM

Try to think if you're hungry or not before you reach for food. If you're not, maybe try something else that fills you emotions, like music, doing a craft, exercise, or even crying of you have to?

Let's just say G-d knew I had a sense of humor.

Bottom

girlie19
Supporter

8/3/12 1:35 AM

The thing is that I know I'm eating because I'm emotionally not okay, but even so it's as if it was a real hunger. And I mainly crave sugary foods, which makes it worse.

Be who u really want to be because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Bottom

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

8/4/12 11:38 PM

Mmmmm some say craving sugar is a sign you're stressed, which makes sense. You know, in reference to you other forum...maybe my therapist could be good for you because (hear me out here, it sounds like you have to work out your emotional connection with food, I am NOT saying it's an eating disorder) she specializes in eating disorders, which are alot about emotional interaction with food...
Also, have you ever considered going to a nutritionist? I see someone who I think is really good. pm me if you want more info. A nutritionist can help you structure your eating and fit in regular portions of the sweet things you like so it doesn't get outta control. My nutritionist is also good with talking to you about the emotional stuff...

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

8/5/12 12:09 AM

nutritionist would be a good idea, but with therapy i just cant afford it. i really want to stop these eating habits, though. im so self- conscious.

Bottom

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

8/5/12 12:19 AM

Hmm...do you have health insurance? Cuz my nutritionist accepts some of them. pm me

Bottom

girlie19
Supporter

8/5/12 1:26 AM

Thanks 4 the info...

Bottom

girlie19
Supporter

8/5/12 1:27 AM

Thanks 4 the info...

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

8/6/12 2:58 PM

i just started to try and diet... lets see how long it lasts.

Bottom

girlie19
Supporter

8/6/12 7:34 PM

Me too. I started a diet today and so far did great, but the first day is always easiest for me, well see how it goes after today...

Bottom

star
Senior Supporter

8/6/12 8:02 PM

Good for you for starting. Yeah, keeping it up is the hardest part. Maybe we can encourage each other.

Bottom

girlie19
Supporter

8/6/12 9:33 PM

What I really need to do is tell someone exactly what I ate at the end of every day. But I can't really do that here

Bottom

ayelet_hashachar
Supporter

8/8/12 1:08 AM

Maybe it would help to keep a food journal for yourself? Like write down to yourself what you've eaten at the end of every day. That's why I need to see a nutritionist- the accountability. I'm in the same boat.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

9/23/12 1:25 PM
User is offline View users profile

If you have an iphone or ipod or something there are apps that can be helpful in counting calories.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.