Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: getting weighed
Created On 7/29/13 2:33 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

I'mTrying
Senior Supporter

7/29/13 2:33 PM

I have to go to the Dr. and I know how stupid I'll sound when I say that I don't want to get weighed.
In fact, I don't want to have that discussion at all because just the thought of numbers on a scale throws me down a twisted path... I've been bH managing to avoid obsessively counting calories and I really don't want to get drawn in again.
And for all those who say that I don't have to get drawn in to it, it's a choice that I make, I say that you are not me, and if avoidance of the topic has been keeping me physically healthy, I don't want to rock the boat.

Bottom

wishtobehappy
Senior Supporter

7/29/13 4:02 PM

Totally get you on that one. Can you turn around and not look at the scale when you need to get weighed? Or maybe you can tell them your weight (make it up if you need to) and say you prefer not to get on the scale this time.

Bottom

mouse
Senior Supporter

8/5/13 2:08 PM
User is offline View users profile

I don't let them weigh me at the doctor. I usually say "not for me" and they sometimes ask my weight and I round off the number to what I think it is...what reality I think it is. No one can FORCE you to get weighed....not even your doc. (Maybe insurance company but that's just weird.)

-------------------------

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.