Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Night Eating Syndrome
Created On 5/31/06 1:28 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

5/31/06 1:28 PM

anyone have it? anyone know anyone who has it? anyone know anything about it and overcoming it? i'll explain more about my specific questions if i see anyone will maybe be able to answer.

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/5/06 5:40 PM

do u mean to eat mostly at nite?

-------------------------
"life is like a box of chocolates always too many nuts and never enough caramels."

Bottom

RNRebbitzin
Supporter

6/5/06 9:38 PM

Hi KLY
I have read that some people who are on wellbutrin get up a night specifically to eat. Is this what you are referring to?

RNRebbitzin

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/5/06 11:31 PM

i'm talking about where over 50% of the daily food intake is eaten at night. the person feels EXTREMELY guilty about the food consumed and it usualy "comfort" foods. not eaten all at once of course. but one "snack" is sneaked from the kitchen, the person eats it, and is not comforted, goes back for more. and on and on. the person feels extremely guilty while falling asleep and vows not to do it ever again. they wake up in the morning "full" and not wanting to eat after last nights binge. they usualy dont eat until around 2 or so in the afternoon and eat lightly throughout the day...where at night the process begins again. the guilt, the binging. its just not cool. ok, so that might not be the exact deffinition of it but that's what i remember reading and it's what happend to me the past few years (i've only been on welbutrin for a couple of months).

i hate it. i've gotten a lil better at it. i dont eat hardly as much at night anymore. but i still do eat at night and it's bothering me to insanity. i've tried not eating after 8. that didnt work. so i pushed it off till not eating after 10. that didnt work either. i dont have a therapist right now (my mom's been massively slow about finding me a new one and i cant do it on my own because of insurance stuff and i just dont want to) so i'm just asking if anyone has any suggestions because I REALLY WANT TO STOP EATING AT NIGHT COMPLETELY AND TOTALY.

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/6/06 11:29 PM

its possible to stop?

"life is like a box of chocolates always too many nuts and never enough caramels."

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/7/06 11:27 AM

Originally posted by: emptysmile
its possible to stop?

haha i dunno. i like to pretend it is.

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/11/06 7:36 PM

lol.

Bottom

Barvaz
Junior Supporter

6/13/06 2:06 PM

I wouldn't exactly call it night eating. it's more like binge eating after trying to starve yourself all day. I dealt with something very similar and then starting going to a dietician who stated that I was not eating enough food and putting off eating till it was "convinient" for me. At that point your body is so starved that you automatically craves sugar and fats. I've seen a big change in myself and a HUGE decrease in night bingeing by changing my eating habits.
feel free to be in touch

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/13/06 6:50 PM

Originally posted by: Barvaz
I wouldn't exactly call it night eating. it's more like binge eating after trying to starve yourself all day. I dealt with something very similar and then starting going to a dietician who stated that I was not eating enough food and putting off eating till it was "convinient" for me. At that point your body is so starved that you automatically craves sugar and fats. I've seen a big change in myself and a HUGE decrease in night bingeing by changing my eating habits.
feel free to be in touch

really? because i talked about it with my psychologist and she agreed with me that it was the night eating stuff. i dunno. whatever. i dont want to to go to a dietician. i just want to getting cravings to eat at night.

Bottom

Barvaz
Junior Supporter

6/14/06 2:03 PM

i'm just telling you from my own experience. Does your psychologist specialize in eating disorders?

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/14/06 2:41 PM

i dont have one

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/14/06 3:08 PM

ok i do binge every once in a while..
my pcyhologist ....he knows

Bottom

Barvaz
Junior Supporter

6/15/06 3:35 AM

really? because i talked about it with my psychologist and she agreed with me that it was the night eating stuff. i dunno. whatever. i dont want to to go to a dietician. i just want to getting cravings to eat at night.

so what psychologist are you talking about in this message?

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/15/06 4:22 PM

Originally posted by: Barvaz

so what psychologist are you talking about in this message?

k, firstly i have to apologize i looked over what i responded to you the past couple of times and i sounded rude and closed minded. sorry about that. and haha about that, i was talking about my past psychologist. i stopped seeing her a month or two ago because i cant really talk to her about stuff. i would get shy and embaressed.

my mom said she'd find me a new one by wednesday (which was yesterday). but she hasnt. and i brought it up with her and she said she never promised she said she'd TRY to do it by then. i dont think she ever will honestly. she wants to find me someone to deal with my anxiety really. she just...i dont know. like right when something's happend, like when i'm having an anxiety "attack" she's all like "oh ill help you! ill find you someone as soon as possible! we'll get you help. even if it costs alot of money its worth it!" and then like a day later shes all like whatever about it. like she has all the time in the world. i dont know... she's always "busy". and im too demanding i guess. so is everything about her life. i kinda lost hope in the getting a new psychologist anytime soon thing. she's been promising to find me one for around a month and a half now.

and if you're wondering why i cant just find one myself its because she wants to ask around to find someone that's both good and is covered by our insurance. and i dont have anyone to ask about that to.

*sigh*

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/16/06 3:29 PM

I just got rid of my therapist....i couldnt talk to her..I have a problem with talking to women.

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

6/16/06 5:50 PM

Hope you find someone good soon.

Good Shabbos.

Bottom

rockybrown
Junior Supporter

2/5/07 9:43 PM

yeh, shrinks are hard to talk to sometimes, like i hate all those silences.

~when the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box~

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.