Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Diaognosed!!
Created On 6/6/06 11:32 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

emptysmile
Supporter

6/6/06 11:32 PM

ok its happened...ive been told that i have anorexia.. i dont beleive it.
its not true b/c i am not skinny AT ALL!! im soo big.
ARGG!! this is annoying.
my mom is making me eat.......its soo not fair cuz im soo not hungry!

ciao

-------------------------
"life is like a box of chocolates always too many nuts and never enough caramels."

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

6/7/06 9:04 AM

You don't have to be skinny to be anorexic. Read up about it on the net. It is your eating habits that make you anorexic

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/7/06 11:25 AM

Ernie, do you know any websites with good information on the subject because i've done searches in the past for internet articles and they all said (if i remember correctly) that you need to have a BMI of at least a certain number and all of these other very specific things in order to be titled as "anorexic"

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

6/7/06 7:16 PM

Hi Kly,

Go to ANRED.com, they give alot of good info.

My BMI is still within normal range (just barely) but my doctor nonetheless insists that I am anorexic.
There are other factors at work, in my case, such as the fact that my blood tests show that muscles
are being broken down by my body because it has run out of fat.
Also, there are vitamin deficiencies, which can cause all kinds of problems.

So you see you can still have a BMI in the normal range, but be anorexic with all the health problems
that come with it.

Ernie

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/7/06 10:47 PM

thank you so much, i'm lookin at it now.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/7/06 11:34 PM

weird i went to that site and read through the stuff. i have like all of the warning signs except for the excess exercise, the purging, and the food rituals. the vegetarianism, the calorie lable obsession, the dragging my family into it, everything everything is me. but. i dont really care. cuz i dont think i "qualify" for having a problem so it doesnt matter to me.

emptysmile have you looked at that stuff? what do you think?

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/8/06 9:54 PM

ok im not fat..but i feel soo big! like i can loose another 5 puond and i keep saying that to myself..
i am below the right weight..but still!
i mean its ok if i only eat supper,,and have 2 fruits in the day..
rite?

"life is like a box of chocolates always too many nuts and never enough caramels."

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/8/06 9:54 PM

i looked at it.. i was a little confused still im going to look over it again

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/11/06 7:38 PM

Im still loosing wieght.
Today i ate two things.. and they were not big but i am not hungry, but I am very tired/weak and very out of it!

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/12/06 10:10 AM

awwww. you should drink a glass of orange juice. k?

also do you take vitamins? even if you arent eating those are VERY important. also calcium supplements (like those chocolate chew things, i forget what they're called- that is, if you dont keep chalav yisroel cuz i dont think they are).

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/12/06 3:39 PM

i keep chalav yisroel..i dont want to eat or drink..i just want to sit arouund and be occupied with something else..and then im fine.

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

6/12/06 7:09 PM

yeah i know how that is.

Bottom

emptysmile
Supporter

6/18/06 4:44 PM

Its....differant..
anyone here wait till lunchtime.. have a teeny something for what u call breakfast....have a teeny something at supper and thats all?
i have to excersize...

Bottom

StrongerEveryDay
Junior Supporter

7/7/06 9:04 AM

i'm sorry that you're going through this. and eating disorder is a very difficult illness to overcome. it seems to me from your posts, however, that you don't really think you have a problem. that itself, i hate to say this, is a huge sign that you DO in fact have anorexia. i struggled with an eating disorder for six years b/4 my dad forced me into treatment. my first 2 admissions i still believed i had no problem. it was only at the end of my second admission that i started thinking maybe i do have a problem. then already, my third admission, i had recognized that i was struggling and my outlook and goal were toward recovery. that was my last admission. once you see the problem, recognize it for what it is (and yea, it sucks, because who wants to admit they have a problem?) then you can start the difficult but rewarding path toward recovery. i know this is annoying to hear, but honestly its the truth. i am now in recovery for almost a year, and yea, i slip up here and there, but i'm basically doing well. i may not be skinny skinny, but my life is a billion times more rewarding and fullfilling, and i wouldn't want it any other way.
if u wanna talk or ask me anything, i'd love to hear from you, just email me.

...happy

Everything that happens is for the best, even if it may never seem that way.

StrongerEveryDay

Bottom

avious101
Senior Supporter

5/6/07 6:47 PM

i am also mad im diagnosed with an eating disorder b/c im eating healthy meals imean so what if i want to throw each one up its not like i actualy do

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Eating Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.