Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: crazy mood swings
Created On 1/20/05 6:30 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

gamzeyaavor
Junior Supporter

1/20/05 6:30 AM

I am four months pregnant. I've been on medication for four years, and it always worked. Now, it doesn't seem to be working. I keep swinging between depression, anxiety, and being in control. There is no pattern and it's hard for the Dr. to really see what's going on.
I live far away from my family and I feel so alone. My husband tries to be supportive but, this is hard for him too. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

1/20/05 10:45 AM

When you say dr., you mean psychiatrist?

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

1/20/05 7:19 PM

I'm sorry gamzeyaavor. It must be so hard to be far and (almost) all alone when you're not feeling well.
Maybe you should try switching doctors? Someone should be able to come up with a drug or combination of medications to help you calm down.

Bottom

Chana
Junior Supporter

1/26/05 6:19 PM

Gam ze-

It sounds like the things you've been doing to keep under control aren't working so well right now. Sometimes pregnancy and the hormone shift that comes with it can do that- upset the whole system. My cousin had a similar issue when she was pregnant and she got help by speaking to a therapist every week. That may be a good idea for you, if you are interested. A social worker or psychologist can be the extra boost- at least until your body gets back to normal and your usual system works.
Kol Tuv-
Chana

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

1/26/05 10:02 PM

I was sitting in the doctors office and they said on CNN that theyr having a special on pregnancy and depression tonight! hope its ok to mention CNN here. Just saying depression happening during pregnancy happens!

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

2/15/05 9:55 AM

Gamze,
How are you feeling? You haven't written here in a while...

Bottom

Junior Supporter

3/10/05 4:10 PM

i have the same problem-combination of ocd/slight depression. im also pregnant and i had to go off my meds. this makes it so much harder. i understand how you feel, i wish there was something we could do. i guess we just have to hope that after our babies are born, our lives will go back to the way they were.

Bottom

rainbow
Supporter

3/18/05 12:00 AM
User is offline View users profile

I took meds when I was pregnant. After I had my baby, I switched to a different med. because I wanted to breastfeed.
So I guess there are some meds that are safe to take when pregnant. (of course only if they are very neccesary.)
I was on bedrest for 5 months. It didnt help my deppression.Worst of all, My OB treated me like some crazy person
because he knew I was on meds. So all in all the risk of having a nervous breakdown overweighed the risk of meds
during pregnancy.

Lots of luck to you all.

I have been on meds for 5 years now(on and off).

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

6/14/05 12:54 PM

Gamze, do you get a mazal tov yet?? You still around?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

1/4/06 6:04 PM

keep your spirits up, guys! i know it's hard----but it's totally worth it. it is. just hang in there. like someone on this board said-- the sun's always shining, just sometimes you can't see it

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

analia
Junior Supporter

2/12/06 10:41 PM

gameze you should know that this is something very usual , i know two friends that the doctors recomended to them to take prozac (and only prozac!) during the last 3 month of pregnancy and they did wery wery well.
talk to your doctor abuot it
hazlacha.

Bottom

chocolatemoose sarag
Junior Supporter

1/20/07 11:38 AM

I have mood swinds also , sometimes high and sometimes low
you can tall it by my writing online

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Mood Disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.