Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: looking for advice
Created On 3/21/06 11:16 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

thinkgoodwillbegood
Junior Supporter

3/21/06 11:16 PM

i have ocd for about a year and a half and i went to a theripist and thank g-d it got a lot better but recently it started comming back quite bad. and i would like to know if ocd EVER goes away completly? thanks
any advice

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

4/23/06 12:54 AM

it probably never goes away, but like any "illness" it does subside. i too have ocd. and add. and bpd. all that. if i've learned nothing else it's that things come in cycles, waves. the only way you can stay afloat is to learn to swim. then the waves don't seem as bad. just accept it will never entirely go away and work your life around it. manage it. illnesses go best when you accept them not fight them. cancer? i'm not so sure about that. but mental illnesses? you admit there's a problem, take your meds, and move on. things come and go. both pain and joy will pass. this is not so good for joy but this law is especially helpful with pain. behatzlachah thinkinggoodwillbegood.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

4/23/06 9:04 AM

Hey Tors!

I accept the fact that this illness will not go away. I take my meds. and try to move on.
But there is pain and joy as you say. Problem is, there is 99% pain and 1% joy.
Is it worth it?
So far, I can only answer- no.

Ernie

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

4/24/06 1:21 AM

Depression is often described to me as a pit so deep that the light at the top cannot be seen. There are ways in which depressed people see things more clearly, however, they also distort reality. Please hang in there, Ernie and ride this out. What happened with ECT? Have your meds changed? Are you in regular contact with your kids?
a lynn

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

4/24/06 9:56 PM

Hi Dr. Lynn,

Thanks for asking. If you recall, I went to see a pdoc who does ECT and he basically felt the odds of success in my particular case were not that great.
The life events I am not dealing well with will not go away by getting zapped.
I will still be mourning the loss of six pregnancies, the death of a baby, and a failed marriage.

I have joint custody of my kids- every other weekend and twice a week for the evening.
They keep me alive. Nothing else.
(my secy. commented that I am a different person- much happier and easier going- when I have my youngest with me at work as I did one day of Chol Hamoed).

Today I went to my therapist and cried my eyes out. She said it is normal after such a difficult Yom Tov to feel this way.
(I was alone the first days).

You say I need to ride it out. How long can one ride out such deep pain?

Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

5/1/06 12:03 PM

ernie, keep on a ridin and you'll get to the other side. if you hold on, you almost always do. no-- you do. i guarantee it. but you have to hold on. that's the hard part. it's a bumpy ride, a roller coaster, and all roller coasters end. you may get sick, nascious, throw up, but it will be over eventually. then you can pat yourself on the back and look up back at the machine, and say, "wow, i went on that? but it goes so high and it goes so low, and it goes upside down and in circles, but i made it. hmm..." and it will prepare you for the next one. nothing of great-ness is achieved without pain. i'm learning that all too well and i have a feeling you are too.

atara

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

obbl900
Junior Supporter

5/18/06 2:38 PM

i am looking for afrum support group for ocd people.i have it

sam green

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.