Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Parent with Schizophernia
Created On 3/6/05 1:37 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

ch
Junior Supporter

3/6/05 1:37 PM

Hi,
Is there any hope for someone who is in denial about their mental healh? What can I do for my mother who needs help?
Thank you in advance

Bottom

motcha
Supporter

3/8/05 1:39 PM

There is hope. I don't know much about Schizophrenia. Have you spoken to a psychiatrist? My grandfather, in his 90's knaina hara, started having dementia so UPON THE ADVICE OF A PSYCHIATRIST we put an anti psychotic pill in his drink at night. I'm not telling you to do this. I am just saying that perhaps a psychiatrist can help you.

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

3/14/05 9:34 AM

Can you get her to see her MD and then have him/her convince her to see a physchiatrist?

Bottom

ch
Junior Supporter

3/15/05 9:51 AM

The problem is shewont see a doctor at all. So we are not sure what to do.

Bottom

Dr. Lynn, Psy.D.
Psychologist

3/18/05 1:18 AM

Why won't she see a doctor? Does she trust any of her doctors? What symptoms does she have?

Bottom

lookinforhelp
Senior Supporter

3/18/05 7:40 AM

Maybe you have a family friend who is a doctor, and you can get him/her to come to the house and speak to your mother?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

12/21/05 2:38 PM

we shouldn't be so ashamed of schitzophrenia. and i say this to make you feel better: so your mom has schitzophrenia? big deal. a lot of people do. don't feel too bad. it will all be okay in the end, i really believe that. and you know what i saw last night? a report with barbara walters on heaven: where is it and how do we get there? it was very fascinating. and she said..heaven exists. but you have to believe it does or it does not-- to you. it's a personal thing with each person. you must believe, and believe it will all turn out okay-- it may be hard-- but often the hardest things for us to do are really the right ones, and the ones that are best for us. basically i'm saying, happiness will not exist unless you make it-- being happy takes work. but we are all different. if your mom has schitzophrenia, you should tell her not to feel bad about it, not to be ashamed. even though she is different (which we all are), if she really tries hard, she can find her own unique happiness, a potential we all have, no matter who we are. and you can too. often, when those close to us feel good, we do too. so convince her to try to be happy, in her own way, no matter how hard it is. because chances are, when it comes to being happy/trying to be, the gains far outweigh the cons. if you really try hard enough, hashem will see you are trying, and bless you with happiness. he has no choice. he has to. i really believe this.

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

chocolatemoose sarag
Junior Supporter

1/20/07 11:09 AM

I have been in Denial , for many years but finally got help.

Bottom

rockybrown
Junior Supporter

2/6/07 3:59 PM

"chocolatemoose sarag" thats great that youve taken hold of youre life and are seeking out the help that you deserve.
my brother recently was diagnosed with schizophrenia, but my family totally doesnt have youre attitude atara. theyre all hush hush and talk sadly about my brother who is 23 and his future... but before he was diagnosed officially he WAS SICK as well, and now we just all know what hes sick with and are more aware. i wish my family had more of youre attitude atara that its nothing to be embarassed about.i think what contributes is the whole "under the carpet" attitude in the general ultra orthodox community.dont get me wrong im frum all the way but i still find that abit hard.
i think part of why my parents are secretive about it is because they still have to daughters to marry off. at first realisation of that i found it just plain - stupid but thinking twice, as much as it doesnt make sense and id wish it to be another way-thats reality.does it have to be that way though?

-------------------------
~when the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box~

Bottom

RuchamaShayna
Junior Supporter

1/9/09 2:00 PM

Toxic Psychiatry:
Why therapy, empathy, and love must replace the drugs, electroshock, and biochemical theories of the “new psychiatry.”
by Peter Breggin, M.D.
Paperback published 1991 by St. Martin's Press

Toxic Psychiatry remains Dr. Breggin's most complete overview of psychiatry and psychiatric medication. It has influenced many professionals and lay persons to transform their views on the superior value of psychosocial approaches compared to medication and electroshock.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Schizophrenia < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.