Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Kadimah day program
Created On 4/4/06 10:58 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Kadimah
Junior Supporter

4/4/06 10:58 AM
User is offline View users profile

Kadimah is a day program under the auspices of Ohel that creates a warm and relaxed environment for individuals facing the challenges of mental ilness. The members join together to share a comfortable and supportive environment where stigma, shame, and stagnation are left behind, as support, hope and recovery take their place. The goal of Kadimah is to help its members develop socialization and vocational skills, which will ultimately help them live more independently and become better integrated into the community.

Working towards these goals, Kadimah offers activities which serve the diverse needs of its members. There are support groups such as building self-esteem, socialization skills, goals to recovery and medication education groups. We offer an opportunity for members to learn computer skills in our state of the art computer lab, as well as creative writing, health and fitness, drama, and therapy through art. We have bi-weekly trips to museums or other educational venues and a monthly Rosh Chodesh celebration with live music provided by a band made up of our own members.

The Kadimah Beis Medrash is a quiet and comfortable place where members can spend time to learning, as well as daily Shiurim by local Rabonim.

Attendance is voluntary and the program is free of charge. We empower our members to participate in all aspects of program planning and implementation, working together with staff.

You can contact Kadimah by calling:
718-686-3187

Bottom

spirit
Junior Supporter

4/6/06 8:57 AM

where can i syat if i went to this proram

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

5/4/06 11:13 AM

i'm staying at a place called carelink in bryn mawr pennsylvania, but it's not kosher. any suggestions of a good place that is? with people my age? (at carelink i'm the youngest by like whaaay far..) is kadima this kind of program? i'm not schitzophrenic, but i am bipolar with schitzoaffective features and mania under stress. any suggestions?

atara

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

gad
Senior Supporter

5/7/06 9:58 AM

You could contact Relief at 718-431-9501 to see if they know.

Another suggestion is to see if there is an organization near you which can provide kosher meals (maybe meals on wheels, or may a local Young Israel or Chabad).

Bottom

chocolatemoose sarag
Junior Supporter

1/20/07 11:07 AM

i would love to go , but i dont drive and neither does my husband,

Bottom

ezrah
Supporter

8/1/07 1:51 PM

take a taxi (women driver , please ! )

-------------------------
Please pm me if you have any questions.

Bottom

Achdus
Supporter

8/7/14 6:52 PM

If you are still looking, Ohel has residences and I believe everything is kosher.. I don't remember their number but their website is Ohelfamily.org Let me know if you can't find their telephone number.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Schizophrenia < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.