Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: how does one get diagnosed?
Created On 10/10/08 12:00 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

justso
Supporter

10/10/08 12:00 AM

I'm an adult. It seems that there is still a lot of controversy about adhd occuring in adults. Why? I've been going to a public mental health clinic and the md only wants to treat me with anti-depressants. I told her that I respond well to Wellbutrin but she only gave me zoloft which has worsened my inattention at work and my performance is bad.

How does one go about getting diagnosised as an adult. BTW, I 've heard that MANY parents recognize their own add when they take a questionaire regarding their children -- this includes me. (And my dd does not have add)

help, I see a vicious cycle occuring -- poor attention and impulsivty causes me to be demoralized and depressed... so the md treats the depressionn

Bottom

killedlastyear
Senior Supporter

11/19/08 2:31 AM

do you have money to see a psychiatrist? especialy one specializing in add/adhd.

mine does.
and i dont think he only treats kids.
that doesnt make sense that it can only be diagnosed in children.
are they saying it dissapears when you get older?

Bottom

Supporter

11/19/08 9:20 PM

Have you read "Delivered from Distraction"? by Hallowell and Ratey--the two big ADD guys. It's very enlightening and quite easy to read. They point out the 'gift' of ADD.

Hatzlocho

Bottom

torah momma
Supporter

11/28/08 12:05 AM

Does anyone have the name of a psychiatrist(s) that work with adults with ADHD. A Brooklyn location would be the easiest. My husband has ADHD. He's known that he's had it since he was a kid. But to this day, it really hasn't been treated properly. About two years ago, he had a free thorough evaluation done at Mt. Sinai Hospital. they were doing research studies and evaluated my husband. Although they diagnosed the ADHD he was not eligible for any treatment as he did not fulfill all the criteria for the studies they were doing.

Bottom

frumsw
Senior Supporter

12/19/08 10:29 AM

Call Relief 718431-9501. NYU Child Study Center has a psychologist, Dr. Laurie Evans, who is excellent with a behavioral plan for children and unfortunately does not take insurance. I wonder if they can direct you 212-263-6622.

-------------------------
frumsw

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > ADHD < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.