Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Seeking Moms
Created On 1/4/06 1:07 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

karenz
Junior Supporter

1/4/06 1:07 PM

Are there any mothers out there with epilepsy? I've been all alone with this for decades. While I certainly don't wish this on anyone, IS there anyone out here with children- who've witnessed seizures, or whatever? (Other conditions can be discussed in the open, but this one is still a STIGMA. So it's me myself and I!)

-------------------------
42 y.o. mom
-'unknown' epilepsy since childhood
-getting worse now
-tried many meds
-considering possible surgery

Bottom

abbainmemphis
Junior Supporter

1/22/06 8:15 PM
User is offline View users profile

While I am not a mother with epilepsy, I am a father with epilepsy. I also had the brain surgey about 6 years ago.

Are you single, married or divorced? If married, what does your husband have to say about the seizures?

Jeff

Bottom

karenz
Junior Supporter

2/1/06 11:11 PM

Married with school-aged kids. Hubby very supportive, really. Takes over everything when I don't feel well, etc. I wasn't diagnosed until way after marriage (even tho I'd had it all my life, just never knew!). It was very stable until the past few yrs, then acted up, found myself on the kitchen floor, the park concrete, ambulances etc...... Surgery workup was done and they said I'm a good candidate but the statistics didn't impress my husband and me. Did it work for you? I was just put on a new drug, Lyrica, and Bli Ayin HAra it sems to be helping. At least for now. My children are pretty anxious about the whole thing. How are yours doing with everything?

42 y.o. mom
-getting worse now
-tried many meds

Bottom

newatthis
Junior Supporter

2/13/06 12:50 AM

It is interesting that your doctor said that you have had this your whole life and that it laid dormant till know. The same thing just happend to me. I was misdiagnosed with a mood disorder but when my head and othe bodyparts started to jerk i went to a neurologist. They did an eeg which was extreemly abnormal. Can you tell me more about your symptoms?

Bottom

karenz
Junior Supporter

2/15/06 1:39 PM

Re: the symptoms---- SInce I was a kid I'd have what I called "nauseous feelings," where for half a minute or so I'd feel really weird. SOme strange sense of 'dejal vu,' like a bad memory trying to push its way to the front of my mind. Also stomach felt funny, slightly 'nauseous', that's why I named it that. I thought I was nuts, some psychological thing, never told a soul even my parents. It was not at all noticeable to anyone who was with me. When I got older they became more severe and I read an article describing different seizures and said That's Me! The rest is history,.......So they didn't lie 'dormant,' I just wasted 20-something years of my life not getting treatment for them cuz I had no idea they were seizures.

42 y.o. mom
-getting worse now
-tried many meds

Bottom

hashemhelpme
Junior Supporter

4/5/07 6:05 PM

I am a mom of 2 children same with me mine was just diagnosed at age 17 mine my Dr. calls juvenille mia...(I'm not sure how to spell it) Ihave the same Question why other conditions can be talked about and this has to be a big fat secret I'm so glad I just discovered this site my husband passed away recently fighting cancer for 8 years he was also misdiagnosed 1993 and in '99 he was actually dianosed but it was talked about it wasn't supposed to be a secret like mine mine came about because of dehydration I didn't take care of myself as a teen I fainted a few times and I only had more like jerks that I didn't tell any one about and than one day on a fast day 17 Tamuz I had my first grand mal altough from reading this site I see Iwas lucky my med worked right away I see people struggling to find the right med that would help them but again why the secret and epilepsy more than any other desease
THANKS FOR RESPONDING BE IN TOUCH!

Bottom

ezrah
Supporter

6/5/08 4:19 PM

I HAVE EPILEPSY

Please pm me if you have any questions.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Epilepsy / seizure disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.