Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: Epilepsy / Shidduchim / Shadchan / Marriage
Created On 1/22/06 8:25 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

abbainmemphis
Junior Supporter

1/22/06 8:25 PM
User is offline View users profile

I am 35, almost divorced, have epilepsy (under control). I have always wanted to meet a frum woman with epilepsy or similar disorder, since she would understand what I have went through in the past and I would understand what she is / was going through so, if, chas veshalom either of us have a seizure, we would know what to do?

Is anyone here single or know of a shidduch or a shadchan that specializes in disabilities / epilepsy, etc...

Jeff

Bottom

Admin
Administrator

1/23/06 4:00 PM

Hi,

You might want to call Sos Tasis 212-894-8220. This is a new organization by Chai Lifeline that helps out with special needs shidduchim.

Admin

Bottom

abbainmemphis
Junior Supporter

1/24/06 1:29 AM

I did, but they only do it for those up to 25 yo, I am older than that. THanks. I saw their ad in the Jewish press a few weeks ago.

Bottom

momoftwins
Supporter

3/26/06 11:33 AM

i saw an ad online for shidduchim.com

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

11/2/06 8:28 AM

You might want to visit a new thread SHIDDUCHIM uner category OTHER, GENERAL.

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

12/5/06 8:26 AM

I understand what it is like to go through seizure after seizure after seizure. I was born with a brain tumor which was taken out when I was 2...but in the meantime, I was having seizures. After the surgery, I had to go through a lot of therapy- but the seizures Baruch Hashem stopped...until I was 13. Then they started up again, and got worse & worse. All of my doctors- except for one- claimed that I was a "hopeless epileptic". One year I even had 3 siezures in one night. Then two years ago when I was 17,I had surgery again. I had a few seizures afterwards, but that was ok b/c it was "during the recovery period". Like yours, my seizures are under control. (Unfortunately though- I am nowhere near 35....I am only 19)

Edited: 12/5/06 at 8:28 AM by miracle613

Bottom

abbainmemphis
Junior Supporter

12/13/06 8:15 PM

Why is it unfortunate that you are only 19. You should feel blessed that you are still young and you have your entire life ahead of you!

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

12/24/06 5:52 PM

It was a joke(the part how it's unfortunate that I'm 19); because you are, or hopefully you already found, looking for a shidduch & you are older. So I was kidding when I said that it's unfortunate that I'm 19. Sorry- I should've mentioned it.

Bottom

abbainmemphis
Junior Supporter

1/8/07 12:03 PM

Not a problem at all.

I just got engaged 2 weeks ago. B"H, my fiance has no problem with my epilepsy. She is a widow and went through worse with her husband.

Jeff

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

1/8/07 3:49 PM

miracle613,

i pm'ed u twice in the past few weeks.. but no response.. do u know how to get ur pm's?

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

1/9/07 8:03 AM

Mazal Tov Jeff! I am so happy 4 u! I hope u 2 share a wonderful life filled with nachas & love for each other

Edited: 1/9/07 at 8:08 AM by miracle613

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

1/9/07 8:05 AM

no I don't. How do I get my pm's?

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

1/9/07 8:40 AM

Underneath the frum support emblem at the top left on page there is a little padlock symbol and it will say 2... or 5 messages etc. Click on it, and it will bring you to your private maessages.... if you need further assistance... tell me!

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

1/9/07 5:47 PM

I found the two messages. Thanks! I hope you got the two responses.

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

1/9/07 7:29 PM

got ur messages..... keep looking as i'll be corresponding again!!!

thanks

Bottom

stillfighting
Supporter

1/10/07 9:29 AM

did anyone on this site have a memory problem after the seizure? i had a small one when i was younger and my memory is never the same after it.

Edited: 1/10/07 at 9:31 AM by stillfighting

Bottom

CAP
Supporter

1/10/07 10:52 AM

why did you post on the shidduch thread.. are you looking for one? If yes, please pm me with some more info.

and if not, I suggest you rewrite your questions on a different thread within the Epilepsy section.

Hatzlacha!

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

2/7/07 9:55 AM

In the first few years, (from 13-15) I was having memory problems. I had seizures in school & when teachers whom I knew very well would ask me who they were, I would forget. I would not be able to answer. But from 16 to 17, I was a "pro" at seizures. When I woke up, no matter where I was, I would not be confused. No matter who I saw, I recognized them. But yeah...I did have memory problems at the beginning.

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

4/15/07 5:23 PM

Um...in case you know anybody- I am still looking for a shidduch.

Bottom

momof7
Supporter

4/15/07 6:29 PM

Daniella, pls pm me with some pertinent info. i.e. age, chasidis, what u r looking for, and i may be able to help u. thanks.

Bottom

miracle613
Supporter

4/17/07 7:09 PM

I'm looking for a guy between 20- 25, who keeps kosher inside and out, who is shomer shabbat and keeps all of the holidays also. Also, who is sensitive, honest, willing to adopt children.

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Epilepsy / seizure disorder < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.