Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: HEREDITY?
Created On 1/15/06 9:14 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

TALI90
Junior Supporter

1/15/06 9:14 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW, from a medical perspective-or how to go about finding out- WHETHER AUTISM IS HEREDITARY? PLEASE RESPOND!

Bottom

bmr
Supporter

1/17/06 1:45 PM

There are certain conditions (fragile x, for example) which have a hereditary component, where autism will occur quite frequently in those with the condition. I don't think there are any clear cut answer on whether it's hereditary or if other environmental factors (infections, toxic chemical exposure, vaccines, etc.) are "causes." Why don't you look at websites such as www.autism-society.org, www.nichy.org or others you find if you search for autism support organizations.
As with most things, I don't think the professionals have all the answers. They probably don't even have all the questions...
There are plenty of frum families who'd speak with you to try to clarify and share with you what they know...
Hatzlacha..

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

3/19/06 9:02 PM

No it is not hereditary as far as all the research I've done. The cause of it is still unknown

Bottom

mom1
Junior Supporter

4/17/06 10:14 AM

can you be a little more spicific as to the extent of your research? I am interested particularly if it is heredity through siblings, are siblings of an autistic child more prone to having an autistic child than one that does not have an autistic sibling?

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

4/23/06 12:11 AM

Yes siblings are more prone to having autism as opposed to families with no history of autism although it is not a large percetage. Sometimes the siblings may have a slight slight autism issue like social issue or speech issue.

Bottom

mom1
Junior Supporter

4/24/06 6:53 AM

i am a bit confused, you first said that autism is not hereditary based on your research and then you said that siblings are more prone to having autism. seems to me that if it is not a hereditary issue why are siblings more prone to autism? and my original questions was, are the siblings, that don't have autism, are they more likely to have an autistic child than anyone else is? thanks for your info.

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

4/25/06 9:10 PM

Hi! I know its a bit confusing since for years there is research being done to find the cause of autism. Until this day it is unknown, some saying its mercury, enviornmental causes, hereditary, allergies... But noone came up with a positive answer. It sounds funny but even though most researchers say its not hereditary, there is probably in some cases some genetic something and very very very rarely are siblings affected by it. Siblings that are not affected dont have a chance of having an autistic child more then anyone else. There were cases where children under three were found to be highly allergic to certain foods like dairy and wheat and the reaction came out to act autistic. When they were off the diet they acting normal. Other kids were found to have a lot of lead in the body and are being treated for toxin thruogh a dan doctor by taking tons of all kinds of vitamins and minerals. There were no major results show yet there although one child did die from the treatment. Others come from of family of very limited parents and unfortunely looks like its someway genetic there. Other children come from a smart intelegent family with no history what so ever and no known cause there either-with all kinds of testing there. I know its really complicated but hopefully one day a common casue will be discovered! Hatzlacha rabah!!!

Bottom

mom1
Junior Supporter

4/26/06 6:47 AM

thanks for your help, you were quite clear and helpful.

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

4/27/06 8:06 PM

Feel free to ask ?'s anytime!

Bottom

GIRSHINL
Junior Supporter

5/4/06 6:03 PM

Autism is caused by vaccination. Not genes, polution, parents, led, food. Amish don't vaccinate and don't have autism (exept in those children who were adapted).

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

5/11/06 10:51 PM

sorry but thats proven NOT to be true! babies are still born and diagnosed with autism and they took out the mercury in the shots a few years ago. Its just coincidental that the shots happen the same time as austism-autism usually comes out at that age. Again it's NOT NOT caused by shots!!!!

Bottom

hb
Supporter

5/14/06 8:07 AM

It has not yet been 100% proven if shots play a role in autism. However, there are many children with autism who did not have the shots!
I know of a specific family that had one child on the autistic spectrum, she chose not to vaccinate her other children. A younger son was later diagnosed with autism at the age of three --- no vaccinations. Obviously, in this case, genetics or environmental factors play a role- nothing to do with vaccines.

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

5/18/06 2:19 PM

I agree with hb- I've seen it too!

Bottom

MichaelMindyAdam
Junior Supporter

5/26/06 11:48 AM

In England where the shots are not manditory the childhood mortality rate went up something like 400% after a campaign staeing that autism was caused by the shots.

Bottom

GIRSHINL
Junior Supporter

6/16/06 1:59 PM

I work in the hospital. The last vaccines that had mercury (exept flu vaccines) we received in the middle of 2004. The removal of mercury started in 1999 and ended in 2004. Please look at this study:

1: Med Sci Monit. 2006 May 29;12(6):CR231-239 [Epub ahead of print] Related Articles, Links

An assessment of downward trends in neurodevelopmental disorders in the United States following removal of thimerosal from childhood vaccines.

Geier DA, Geier MR.

Graduate Student, Department of Biochemistry, George Washington University, Washington, DC, U.S.A.

Background: The US is in the midst of an epidemic of neurodevelopmental disorders (NDs). Thimerosal is an ethylmercury-containing compound added to some childhood vaccines. Several previous epidemiological studies conducted in the US have associated Thimerosal-containing vaccine (TCV) administration with NDs. Material/Methods: An ecological study was undertaken to evaluate NDs reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) from 1991 through 2004 by date of receipt and by date of vaccine administration. The NDs examined included autism, mental retardation, and speech disorders. Statistical trend analysis was employed to evaluate the effects of removal of Thimerosal on the proportion of NDs reported to VAERS. Results: There was a peak in the proportion of ND reports received by VAERS in 2001-2002 and in the proportion of ND reports by date of vaccine administration in 1998. There were significant reductions in the proportion of NDs reported to VAERS as Thimerosal was begun to be removed from childhood vaccines in the US from mid-1999 onwards. Conclusions: The present study provides the first epidemiological evidence showing that as Thimerosal was removed from childhood vaccines, the number of NDs has decreased in the US. The analysis techniques utilized attempted to minimize chance or bias/confounding. Additional research should be conducted to further evaluate the relationship between TCVs and NDs. This is especially true because the handling of vaccine safety data from the National Immunization Program of the CDC has been called into question by the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences in 2005.

PMID: 16733480 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher] Text

If you would like to look at more studies, I will gladly provide it.

Bottom

GamZuLetovah
Supporter

6/19/06 10:50 AM

This video might be interesting:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13102473/

-------------------------
The sun is always shining! There are just times we don't see it.

Bottom

GIRSHINL
Junior Supporter

6/19/06 1:17 PM

Thank you!

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

6/29/06 3:57 PM

sorry u are brainwashed-girshinl. i know people that didnt vaccine and autism came out when they were ages 1-2!. One mother was against vaccines and her kid got a bad virus and since hten hes autistic.

Bottom

GIRSHINL
Junior Supporter

8/15/06 3:17 PM

Dear ALWAYSBEHAPPY,
May G-D always bless you and protect you. May you, your children, grandchildren and greatgrandchildren know only happyness and health, and become tsadikim, chasidim, lamdanim and yorea shamaim.
My dear ALWAYSBEHAPPY, before giving vaccines to my son, I took a day off from my hospital and went to speak to my son's pediatrician. I have heard many complaints from parents that vaccines caused Autism. I asked pediatrician if MMR could cause Autism. He answered: " Other vaccines are suspected". It was in 2001 and IOM isued a statement that it was "scientifically plausable" ( causation was not found in 2004), but did not usue an immediate recall of mecrury containing vaccines. Doctor also added that it might be genetic. My wife is Sefardy and I'm Ashkenaz, so I was not worried. Next day after MMR my son had 105 fever, lethargic, refused breastfeading and had ataxia for 5 days. I remember praying by my son's crib: " Hashem please don't make my son Autistic". He was diagnosed in 2003 with PDD.
My dearest ALWAYSBEHAPPY, may you always find faivor in HASHEM'S eyes.
Please take a look:
http://www.chem.cmu.edu/wakefield/

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

10/19/06 12:59 PM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- U.S. researchers said Monday that they had identified a genetic mutation that raises the risk of autism and could also explain some of the other symptoms seen in children with autism.

Although autism and similar disorders can clearly run in families, theirs is the first study to find a definitive genetic link to the disorder, which affects as many as 1 in 175 U.S. children.

Dr. Pat Levitt and colleagues at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, studied 743 families in which 1,200 family members were affected by autism spectrum disorders, which range from fully disabling autism to Asperger's syndrome.

They found a single mutation in a gene called MET, which is known to be involved in brain development, regulation of the immune system and repair of the gastrointestinal system. All of these systems can be affected in children with autism.

"This is a vulnerability gene," Levitt said in a telephone interview. "There are not genes that actually cause autism. It raises the risk."

People with two copies of the mutated gene have 2 to 2.5 times the normal risk of autism and people with one mutated copy have 1.7 times the risk, he said.

The findings, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, offer a way to start looking for the actual causes of autism, Levitt said.

Autism can cause a range of symptoms, from fairly mild social dysfunction to severe and disabling learning and social impairments.

Researchers knew it could run in families, but the cause has been unknown. Autism is usually diagnosed in toddlers, with parents often describing a sudden regression in abilities and behavior. There is no known cure.

Levitt said the mutation does not change the function of the gene, but changes gene expression -- how active the gene is.

Levitt says his team will now try to make a rat or a mouse with the same genetic mutation and use it to study what in the environment might cause autism in people with the mutation.

"It may be more than one thing," Levitt said.

"Let's say it is exposure to some chemical. It is a long list of everything from food additives to mercury to fertilizers. This will help."

Levitt said his study may help answer questions about links between vaccines and autism.

Experts virtually all agree that vaccines do not cause autism but some parents remain mistrustful. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has launched a series of studies into the potential causes of autism.

In a second study, a team at Cornell University and Indiana University-Purdue University found that television viewing may be a factor among American children.

Michael Waldman of Cornell University and colleagues found that children from rainy U.S. counties watch more television and autism rates corresponded with this pattern.

"The analysis shows that early childhood television viewing could be an environmental trigger for the onset of autism and strongly points to the need for more research by experts in the field of autism," said Waldman, who will present his findings on Friday to a conference of the National Bureau of Economic Research.

A third team of researchers found that the brain regions of adults with autism may not communicate with each other as efficiently as they do in other people.

Michael Murias and colleagues at the University of Washington used high-resolution electroencephalography or EEG to find patterns of abnormal connectivity between brain regions in 36 people with autism.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Bottom

GIRSHINL
Junior Supporter

11/2/06 3:55 PM

Ped Med: Clash of the researchers
By Lidia Wasowicz
Nov 1, 2006, 19:00 GMT

SAN FRANCISCO, CA, United States (UPI) -- Two independent researchers who gained entry to an immunization-information repository used by government scientists to clear vaccines of blame in the rise of autism diagnoses came up with strikingly different conclusions.

Challenging the status quo were Dr. Mark Geier, president of Genetic Centers of America who has studied immunization safety issues for 30 years and testified as an expert witness in dozens of vaccine-injury cases, and his son David, president of MedCon Inc., a medical-legal consulting firm.

In comparing records of children who received a diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis shot preserved with a mercury-containing compound called thimerosal with those who got a thimerosal-free version, they reported the former faced increased risk for speech impairments, autism and attention-deficit disorder -- a risk they said rose along with the level of mercury exposure.

Two years later, using the same information source, the duo -- whose work forms a staple of anti-thimerosal arguments -- linked mercury in vaccines to unspecified developmental delay, tics, attention-deficit disorder, language and speech problems, and neurodevelopmental irregularities in general.

In another survey the Geiers calculated children receiving thimerosal-containing shots were two to six times more likely to have autism, mental retardation and speech disorders than were those not exposed to the mercury-based compound.

In a series of additional investigations, they also reported connecting thimerosal exposure to heart problems, personality disorders and thinking abnormality.

These studies were largely based on complaints made to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System, a cooperative program of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration that scientists say only loosely serves as a mirror to real-life trends.

Information coming from the network is considered a wild card in research because the reporting is voluntary, representing no more than an estimated 10 percent to 20 percent of actual cases, and unrestricted, meaning anyone can call in any ailment he or she deems vaccine-related, said Dr. Ben Schwartz, senior science adviser in the National Vaccine Program Office of the Department of Health and Human Services in Washington.

In each paper, the Geiers cautioned against the potential dangers of thimerosal and called for its removal from all childhood medicines.

Another population-based analysis that pointed to an autism-mercury link, this one unpublished, came from Mark Blaxill, a Massachusetts-based consultant, father of a daughter with autism and board member of the anti-mercury group SafeMinds.

The medical mainstream majority has shrugged off all these findings, taking issue with how the studies were constructed, conducted and concluded, and deeming them no match for the massive investigations at major academic centers that, taken together, have involved hundreds of thousands of children in several countries without finding a thimerosal link to autism.

As the ultimate established authority, the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences dismissed the immunization-implicating studies as 'uninformative' or 'uninterpretable' due to poor design and methods.

The panel did deem 'provocative' -- and urged more research into -- clues pointing to biological mechanisms underlying autism, including experiments showing thimerosal`s effects on the biochemistry of cells and indicating abnormalities in the immune system or metal metabolism in people with autism.

What has largely escaped public notice is that while these experts saw no scientific evidence of a relationship between vaccines or thimerosal and autism, they nevertheless conceded that with the causes of autism still a mystery, they 'cannot rule out, based on the epidemiological evidence, the possibility that vaccines contribute to autism in some small subset or very unusual circumstances.'

In fact, some suggestive results along these lines have come to light since the report was published.

For one, a team of cell biologists, toxicologists and molecular bioscientists at the University of California, Davis, has found in mouse studies that so-called dendritic cells -- which play a crucial role in coordinating the body`s attack against viruses, bacteria and other foreign invaders -- show an ultra-sensitivity to thimerosal that could impair the disease-fighting immune system`s ability to respond to potential health threats.

In the lab-dish experiments, the mercury-based preservative, in amounts equivalent to those once commonly found in childhood vaccines, altered the normal function of these cells, each of which can order up to 300 'foot soldier' molecules to conduct search-and-destroy missions when the immune system is under attack.

Although the results are compatible with the theory that mercury in medicines can lead to neurodevelopmental problems, the study authors caution against jumping to such conclusions.

The findings do not directly implicate thimerosal in disorders such as autism, the researchers emphasize. For one thing, the investigators say they do not know whether the mouse findings are applicable to humans, a question they will explore next.

Some scientists speculate that while not causing autism, vaccines may provide a trigger for it in certain cases.

'It is possible for a small portion of children something like an injection or bad reaction to it could trigger the onset of autism, could be the precipitating event of a disorder that would occur anyway, like juvenile diabetes, that is not present at birth but emerges later,' said Steven Gutstein, psychologist, autism specialist, academic researcher and child, marital and family therapist.

He also is co-director of The Connections Center for Family and Personal Development and the Relationship Development Research Institute in Houston, and author of 'Autism Aspergers: Solving the Relationship Puzzle' (Future Horizons Inc., 2000), a treatise on the method he developed to teach social skills to individuals with autism spectrum disorders.

'People get confused in autism between vaccines maybe as a precipitating event in a percentage of (children) and the idea that it would actually cause autism,' he said. 'That would have to be a strange occurrence.'

Not so strange to those who are convinced that, perhaps due to some genetic glitch, certain youngsters have problems flushing mercury from their bodies in the way healthy individuals do, and that vaccines provide a pathway for the neurotoxin to arrive at and accumulate in their brain, leading to neurological problems.

In a study compatible with that viewpoint, researchers found a genetically susceptible strain of rodents developed autistic-like behavior when given thimerosal at a level roughly proportional to what infants once received in many vaccines and still do in some flu and booster shots.

They observed three of four groups of young rats getting the injection showed no effects, but the fourth -- the one with a hereditary sensitivity to mercury -- had delayed growth, social withdrawal, brain abnormalities and bizarre behaviors, with one animal eating through the cranium of his cellmate.

The experiments raised questions about whether some people might likewise be born with a vulnerability to thimerosal`s effects.

'These findings implicate genetic influences and provide a model for investigating thimerosal-related neurotoxicity,' the study authors concluded.

Next: Compelling clues emerge from research

Copyright 2006 by United Press International

© Copyright 2003 - 2005 by monstersandcritics.com.
This notice cannot be removed without permission.

Bottom

Biddy
Junior Supporter

12/1/06 1:20 AM

I am a mother of a child diagnosed with PDD, which is on the Autistic Spectrum. After some investigation and observation, I have realized that I am also- probably- on the Autistic Spectrumm myself, as is my husband. My husband has several relatives who were called retarted because of language delays, auditory processesing difficulties (no hearing problems), and social interaction problems. Both of my parents have observed in themselves- and my mother has observed in her mother- the same narrow-focus, auditory processing and routine-dependency issues that I and my daughters have. I have done a lot of research on my own, and have come to the following (lay-person's) conclusions:

Autistic Spectrum disorders are observably most likely genetic, since, while every child in the same generation in the same area may receive the same innoculations and be exposed to the same environmental factors, not every one in that group comes up with an Autistic Spectrum disorder or related disorders;

while I can train my mind (even as an adult) to somewhat better short-term memory, it will not solve my auditory-processing problems, and I will always have to ask for repetitions to be sure I heard what I thought I did (I have no hearing problems);

the Autisic Spectrum has many associated conditions (comorbids) which may appear in people on the specturm (such as unique dietary sensitivities, vision problems, chronic depression (which is a genetic predisposition, often exacerbated by both the Autistic person's perception issues and the oft-encountered social and official misunderstandings) and anxiety, etc.

if I make any changes to my diet and other health-related lifestyle issues, I may be a healthier person, but better health will not remove me from the Autistic Spectrum (to illustrate: my siblings, who have many of the same difficulties I have although not as profoundly, have tried many dietary changes, and have noticed great improvements in their health but not their neurological differences);

Autistic Spectrum disorders present in early childhood. lack of knowledge about the issue in one generation does not mean that different levels on the Autistic Spectrum did not exist in those generations;

Autism is NOT synonymous with retardation, nor does it automatically imply extreme communication difficulties. many people on the autistic spectrum, including those with PROFOUND verbal communication difficulties, become quite articulte and comprehnsible once they learn how to communicate textually. some even learn sign language, which is fine as long as they are permitted to look at it sidelong or however else they may need to, since most communication difficulties in autistics are due to faulty auditory processing, rather than visual processing (that difficulty exists in some autistics, too, just not on as large a scale);

adults on the Autistic Spectrum can be diagnosed, too; however, many of them have learned to compensate for their various difficulties in one way or another by then (although they may still tend to isolate themselves in order to hide behaviours which most others would consider very odd);

for further views on the Autistic Spectrum from within the Spectrum itself, I recommend reading the following:
aspiesforfreedom.com
It has a lot of its own articles, as well as links to other websites with a great deal of information on Autistic Spectrum disorders and how they affect the life of those on the spectrum and people they come into contact with.

Happy learning

Bottom

Biddy
Junior Supporter

12/1/06 1:29 AM

Oh, yeah...
A word of caution: Aspies for Freedom (and other similar websites), like many other disability-rights movements- or at least those who associate themselves with it- tend to be easily offended and be a little insular.
Please don't take it personally.

Bottom

Biddy
Junior Supporter

12/1/06 2:23 AM

Me again. (Sorry, but there doesn't appear to be an 'edit' function on these message boards...)

GIRSHINL, I am sorry you feel so much pain over your child's differences. It hurts a great deal to see your own child go through such difficulties, especially regarding social integration. However, I can tell you from experience - both from the inside and the outside- that having a child with an Autistic Spectrum disorder is only as tragic as you allow it to be.
You may say that it is impossible for me to identify with you because I am (probably) on the Autistic Spectrum, myself. However, I was not always aware that I am thus, and I haven't always connected my pain over my own difficulties with what my child was going through, until recently. Consequently, I have experienced both sides.

I am fully aware that it may be easier for me to say this, not only because I am on the Autistic Spectrum, but also because in Israel (I live in Beit El), there exist a great deal of special education and clinical therapeutic opportunities for Jewish children diagnosed with an Autistic Spectrum disorder.

I would also like to clarify that I do not consider myself biased merely because I may be on the Autistic Spectrum myself. What I mean by that is, while I feel that special education and greater awareness and understanding of the Autistic Spectrum are more important than finding a cure, I am also aware that Autistic Spectrum disorders are not 'normal.'
(To illustrate: now that I know that Autistic Spectrum disorders run in both sides of our family, I am not against preventing a reoccurance in the next generation of our family, via genetic counseling. To illustrate further: congenital heart deformities are not normal, either, and if those can [or could be] prevented, I would have no problem with that, either. I mean, just because a congenital condition is neurological as opposed to physiological does not make it any more or less 'normal.')

All my sympathies (and prayers for a workable solution for everyone involved)...

Bottom

alwaysbehappy
Junior Supporter

3/25/07 9:07 AM

I have one question-if you think its the vaccine then how come 3 out of 4 are boys? Does it make sense?

Bottom

Supporter

4/18/09 11:15 PM

Just weighing in with some information about the autism-mercury connection.

Boys are known to be more vulnerable to genetic diseases. While autism is not a genetic disease per say and is not hereditary, toxicity--most often from mercury, but also other high levels of metals--that many of the affected children are unable to excrete-- crosses the blood-brain barrier and does neuroligical damage. These children seem to be particularly vulnerable. Testing needs to be done before vaccinations are administered to identify these vulnerable children.

There is an excellent issue of The Autism File USA (www.autismfile.com) out on the newsstands now with some up-to-date information.

Best of luck.

Bottom

Avraham
Junior Supporter

5/31/09 5:02 PM

Hi I am new to this forum. I felt that I should put my two pennies in as well. I am a young adult male who several years ago was diagnosed with Aspergers (part of the autistic spectrum). I feel that it has nothing to do with immunizations and is totally hereditary. My father was never officially diagnosed but he almost for sure is on the spectrum as well as my younger brother. Also, my father's brother and his 2 children (1 boy, 1 girl) are all on the spectrum. Although my father's father is no longer alive my father feels strongly that his father was on the spectrum. My grandfather was a WW2 veteran and was born before vaccinations existed. Also, my therapist feels that my mother is also on the spectrum. Now my grandfather aside, if autism comes from vaccinations then how is it statistically possible that so many close family members are all on the spectrum. It does not make sense. You might argue that maybe my family was predisposed to having the spectrum and that the immunizations just activated it. If that was the case how do you explain my grandfather.

There is a very good advocacy organization. They don't specifically deal with the Frum population but they are very helpful. The leaders of it have also been diagnosed to be on the Spectrum so they know where you are coming from. The organization's name is GRASP (The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership) and their website is GRASP.org. They have branches throughout the US.

Bottom

Supporter

6/9/09 11:56 AM

You sound like a high-functioning despite your Aspergers diagnosis. In general, Aspergers Syndrome is on the high end of the Autistic Spectrum. People can exhibit Asperger's-like behaviors without being on the spectrum. Likely social inhibition, OCD-like symptoms and other manifestations of what is now termed Aspergers existed in your family--without them necessarily being on the 'spectrum'. Remember, ASD is a relatively new diagnosis.

The Amish who do not vaccinate have no autism cases amongst them.

Again, people may exhibit autism-like behaviors without having autism.

Bottom

Supporter

6/9/09 11:58 AM

You sound like a high-functioning despite your Aspergers diagnosis. In general, Aspergers Syndrome is on the high end of the Autistic Spectrum. People can exhibit Asperger's-like behaviors without being on the spectrum. Likely social inhibition, OCD-like symptoms and other manifestations of what is now termed Aspergers existed in your family--without them necessarily being on the 'spectrum'. Remember, ASD is a relatively new diagnosis.

The Amish who do not vaccinate have no autism cases amongst them.

Again, people may exhibit autism-like behaviors without having autism.

Edited: 6/9/09 at 12:02 PM by 4702125952

Bottom

chanieF
Senior Supporter

6/9/09 11:21 PM

it's the affect immunizations (meaning, the viral load etc) have on the immune system; the gene for autism has been localized to the same chromosome as the site of human immune response genes...which explains the now famous law suit that parents won when their daughter (who already had an unknown congenital mitochondrial issue) developed autism shortly after getting many of her vaccinations at once.
so, though there's a genetic tendency for having autism, there's therefore also a genetic tendency with those who have this tendency to have a weaker immune system and be more affected by many foods and meds and vaccinations..anything that can affect the neurologic and immune system will bring out this tendency more. for ex, maybe it would have been just LD or add but not full blown autism if not for the immunization. (since these are all neurologically related conditions.)

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Autism < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.