Login
Questions or Comments!
admin@frumsupport.com

Get FrumSupport News! Join our mailing list.
Email:

Search

Navigation:

Tehilim List  < Refresh >
TOPIC TITLE: arthritic back
Created On 6/19/05 11:45 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

BoruchHashem
Junior Supporter

6/19/05 11:45 AM

Pain excrutiating - thru to my legs any ideas?

Bottom

Ray
Supporter

6/20/05 11:32 AM

did u see a Dr.?

i know someone that just had major surgery cuz she had a problem like this and now she is in bed for weeks.
it could be dangerous. check it out, keep checking it out till they find something.

Bottom

ernie55B
Senior Supporter

7/3/05 11:32 PM

Yes, you should see a Neurologist ASAP! Pain from the back that shoots down into the legs can be a disc that is bulging and pressing on a nerve that goes into your legs.

I had this condition in 1997, and had surgery to correct it. B"H I was fine a few weeks later.
There are other options that can be tried before surgery that are sometimes useful.
But you should definitely have it checked out to find out what can be done.

Refuah Shelayma!
Ernie

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

11/23/05 3:25 PM

my goodness! you guys have got back pain? i've got bipolar disorder, but no back pain as of yet, baruch hashem. i mean i get the occasional spasm from carrying a 30 lb. back pack to and from school every day..and sometimes from working out too much. but what do you guys do, seriously? is it very painful?does it disrupt your life? i've got other problems, definitely, but from the sound of what you guys are saying, i thank g-d every day that i do not have back problems. bli ayin hora! you guys should all get better! become bipolar like me and you will have so much to distract you, you won't even feel your back pain anymore-- not to be little your back pain. but maybe, focus on another pain, and it will go away! sorry, no other advice

atara (a.k.a. torsalicious613)

-------------------------
what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

Torsalicious613
Senior Supporter

11/24/05 12:15 PM

p.s. i really don't know anything about back pain-- just coping with the constant pain of being bipolar and seeing it affect those around me who love me so much. so in essence, do i know much about back pain? no. perhaps nothing. but i know a lot about managing pain in general. if you think about it, all real pain is the same thing: you're presented with a problem, and time, and you have to figure out how to deal with it. in the end, hopefully, you grow from it. and you gain strength. this is what i feel pain and dealling with it should really be about: becoming a better more resillient person after the pain than you were before it.

atara

what the hecka is a signiature?

Bottom

tova56
Junior Supporter

10/27/07 12:05 PM

sometimes losing as little as ten pounds can help with lower back pain ,or if it is related to arthritis treatment with methtrexate can help.best wishes

Tova Kohen

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Back pain < Refresh >

Navigation:

The information in this site is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. FrumSupport disclaims any liability for the decisions you, the User, makes based on information on this site. By using this site, reading, viewing, posting or otherwise, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use this site. FrumSupport may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at anytime. Your continued usage of FrumSupport will mean you accept those changes.

If you think you or someone you know has a medical emergency, call your doctor, Hatzolah or 911 immediately. FrumSupport cannot and does not monitor forums and postings and cannot and will not pro-actively obtain help for users in need as FrumSupport does not have the funds or people power to accomplish such tasks and it will infringe on the anonymity of each user. Therefore, FrumSupport’s liability is limited by this paragraph and as further set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use.